Wyoming Rifle Elk Outfitter

Lundman10

FNG
Hello looking for some recommendations for 2020 rifle elk outfitter in Wyoming. My partner and I have 5 preference points. How is constant quest outfitter? Ty

wytx

WKR
Lots of good ones around the state and some outfit in general areas and are great hunts as well.
Depends on what you want to deal with, grizz or wolves or none of either. And how much you want to spend, private land outfitters will be more expensive .

wytx

WKR
I see they still have hunts available for this year so that makes me wonder, most good outfitters are booked well in advance but cancellations could have happened. Lots of good outfits up that way and plenty of grizzlies.

OP
Lundman10

Lundman10

FNG
Private land hunt with outfitter is what we looking at . Price point not as important as good reputable outfitter and quality animal. Thorofare area has been a place we’re considering as well as bighorn mountains. The later may be hard to draw in with 5 points. Not sure though

Wellsdw

WKR
There is some general units in the big horns with private land hunts. Also some lower point units. (34) I think is 4-5 points and mostly private. Wyoming also has some resident “ranch herds” that never really migrate. Outfitters have a lot of these herds locked down. That said these hunts book years out, due to limited numbers and some huge bulls. Triple 3 outfitters has a very well managed herd. As stated above I’d question an outfit booking private hunts with openings

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
There is some general units in the big horns with private land hunts. Also some lower point units. (34) I think is 4-5 points and mostly private. Wyoming also has some resident “ranch herds” that never really migrate. Outfitters have a lot of these herds locked down. That said these hunts book years out, due to limited numbers and some huge bulls. Triple 3 outfitters has a very well managed herd. As stated above I’d question an outfit booking private hunts with openings

There is a little confusion here as Constant Quest does not hunt private land. Ijust got back from a hunt with them and had a great experience and got a nice 6x5 migration bull.

Wellsdw

WKR
I
There is a little confusion here as Constant Quest does not hunt private land. Ijust got back from a hunt with them and had a great experience and got a nice 6x5 migration bull.

I can speak on constant quest. Probably a great outfit. I was recommending one I knew of, and more so cautioning him of outfitters that have opening that aren’t booked more than a year or two out.

Wapiti1

WKR
wytx, would you expand on that, please? I've heard good things about SNS from people that I trust. Why would you not recommend that outfit?

Jeremy

Pwill

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Cross C Ranch out of Wheatland, they have a lot of private ground and always have nice bulls on their property. I think it’s 5-6 points to draw. Shane Woods is the guy to talk to

wytx

WKR
wytx, would you expand on that, please? I've heard good things about SNS from people that I trust. Why would you not recommend that outfit?

Jeremy
Sy Gilliland pushes for outfitter tags every year, fine if you only hunt outfitted but he wants outfitters to get guaranteed tags. WYOGA is not DIY hunter friendly by any means.
I bet he runs a great outfitting business, but his name comes up seems every time outfitters push for new regs or tag allocations.

wytx

WKR
Check out Cross C Ranch out of Wheatland, they have a lot of private ground and always have nice bulls on their property. I think it’s 5-6 points to draw. Shane Woods is the guy to talk to
I believe they outfit for elk in area 7, you'll need more than 5-6 PP to draw that area.

Josh has some of the best guides in his area. Don't know Josh personally, but know one of his guides very well, and he speaks highly of him.