X-Impact 200sp and Ethics inserts

Recluse

FNG
I'm trying to increase weight by 50 grains. I'm shooting an X-Impact 200sp (.165 ID and .256 OD). What option would work?

Thank you

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
Planning to build. I have them and have not put any insert/outsert on yet

You're not giving us a whole lot of info to work with... What total front end weight are you shooting for? Have you already selected your broadheads? Are you open to using Deep Six components?

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
I'm at 505 total weight, including my 125gr FP. I want to get to the mid 500s and will change my FP weight needs be.

Not interested in Deep Six at this time

4mm brass rod.

Epoxy behind the outsert in the shaft.

Keep in mind, long inserts stiffen the shaft, so unless you are shooting a 31+" shaft that 200 spine is going to get way stiff if you are dropping a long heavy insert in there.

CB4

WKR
I went with the focus system on mine and have zero complaints. You could go that route and then add their weights to the back.

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
I went with the focus system on mine and have zero complaints. You could go that route and then add their weights to the back.
Thanks. Do I just build the arrows as normal (with the standard outsert) and then screw the weight in from nock end?

Order the SS focos system. I shoot that arrow in a 250 with 225 upfront (100gr components, 125gr head). Its like 516 grains, flys like a dart and have had really good results on animals the last couple years with that system.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a 1" 8/32 set screw with locktite in the backside of the insert which if I remember correctly was about 40 grains. You could bring your scale with you to the hardware store and find the desired weight. None of my biz and obviously this isn't the question you asked but A 200 spine arrow is pretty stout for a 505 grain arrow. Just curious...Long draw and/or heavy draw weight? You potentially could or should add more than 50 grains if not.

I'm at 505 total weight, including my 125gr FP. I want to get to the mid 500s and will change my FP weight needs be.

Not interested in Deep Six at this time
Unless your arrows are really short, you shouldn't have any trouble getting to the mid 500s with an 11.0 gpi shaft. A 29" shaft with 30 gr of nock/vane weight, 125 gr head, and 80 gr aluminum Black Eagle FOCOS outsert would put you at 554 gr. You could go with the 100 gr steel FOCOS or add brass weight screws behind the outsert if you wanted to go heavier. I personally haven't used FOCOS but have heard mixed reviews about their durability and concentricity. But if you're not willing to use Deep Six HIT's, some type of outsert is your only option for a .165" shaft.

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
I've used a 1" 8/32 set screw with locktite in the backside of the insert which if I remember correctly was about 40 grains. You could bring your scale with you to the hardware store and find the desired weight. None of my biz and obviously this isn't the question you asked but A 200 spine arrow is pretty stout for a 505 grain arrow. Just curious...Long draw and/or heavy draw weight? You potentially could or should add more than 50 grains if not.
Yea 93# DW and 30.25" DL
I like that set screw idea

OP
Recluse

Recluse

FNG
Order the SS focos system. I shoot that arrow in a 250 with 225 upfront (100gr components, 125gr head). Its like 516 grains, flys like a dart and have had really good results on animals the last couple years with that system.
So the standard outsert with the 200sp is 40 grains (which I think is aluminum). I can simply use the SS one in its place? If yes, that's ideal

I've used a 1" 8/32 set screw with locktite in the backside of the insert which if I remember correctly was about 40 grains. You could bring your scale with you to the hardware store and find the desired weight.
I've used that method as well to boost weight in standard and small diameter shafts, but it won't work with a micro shaft. 8-32 threads are too large for a .165" shaft. Also, most micro diameter outserts don't have rear-facing threads.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
Yea 93# DW and 30.25" DL
I like that set screw idea
Damn...200 spine it is. The set screw works great if you can find them in your size. Like Mighty Mouse said it will just have to be the smaller thread size which i believe is #6 fine thread(40).

So the standard outsert with the 200sp is 40 grains (which I think is aluminum). I can simply use the SS one in its place? If yes, that's ideal
You have to order the SS FOCOS system i believe (post, screw, outsert) but it comes in a set, but yes it will replace the aluminum ones that come with them. But if the post and screw comes with the new ones then yeah youll only need the collars. I suggest glueing in the post and not gluing the collar on also. Youll be able to tune arrows and swap collars if you hit something hard and it the cracks or bends.

CB4

WKR

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
Ethics Archery inserts allow you to cut length to meet your desired front weight. With that said, make sure you get tight collars, otherwise they may show up loose if you follow their online recommendations.

I've used Ethics for a few dozen of the X-impact 200sp and besides needing to get the right collars, I'm happy.