Your favorite hunting knife?

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
Just returned from South Dakota and I'm changing my mind. My Outdoor Edge 3.5" blade knife was quite underwhelming. Didn't hold an edge as long as I thought it should (causing me to use more blades....which is probably the idea?) and not as durable. Won't toss it but going back to using various fixed blades that I've used for years.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I run a dozier guide ( love that knife). Also use a Tyto . I find that combo to work great. I picked up a ridge belt knife as well- not a bad knife but I still prefer the dozier and will accept the added weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got several bark river knives that I love and that work great for cleaning deer. I generally use a gunny hunter or classic drop point hunter. I have a classic drop point hunter in 4v though that I’ve cleaned at least 5 deer with and still have never had to sharpen it. It’s by far my favorite knife other than the fact that it’s carbon steel so it takes a little extra care to keep it from rusting. Holds an edge though better than any other knife I’ve ever used to date.

I have several high end knives that all work well, but my favorite so far is a havalon. No need to drop a ton of money on fancy knives anymore, although I will always have an affinity for Bark River. They have some great designs and ergonomics. My favorite from them for hunting is the EXT-2 3v. Would be a perfect knife if the blade was an inch shorter. The Bravo 1 surprised me the most. I thought such a thick piece of steel wouldn't be good for processing deer, but it worked exceptionally well. It was like the thick blade just moved meat out of the way and I could really see where all of the edge was cutting at any given moment. I thought that was pretty cool. If I could only own one all purpose knife it would be the Bravo 1.

I think I'm going to try a few models from Mora this year. Love their stuff. Great designs, lightweight, and the price is right.
The ext-1 should be perfect. Been wanting to get one just haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet. If the Magnacut will hold up as well as my 4v CDPH does, I think it would be the perfect knife.

fwafwow

WKR
I just stumbled across this in my hunting buddy’s “knife and other shit” drawer. I’m in love with this Benchmade Hidden Canyon Hunter in S90V.IMG_0999.jpeg

BRoth82

WKR
I used the Jim Shockey edition havalon knife this year and I really like it, both a fixed blade and a scalpel blade in one. Stayed very sharp after quartering up 3 deer this fall

I usually have three in my pack. I have an Outdoor Edge, Gerber Paraframe and a Gerber Prodigy. I have to be careful with the Ooutdoor Edge when I have new blades in it.

jonandy

FNG
This is one I put together for hunting. Simple steel 80CrV2. Holds an edge ok gets razor sharp and is easy to maintain. Myrtle wood with a piece of antler.IMG_4445.jpeg

Drswoll69

FNG
if you had to chose one knife to take hunting with you what would it be? Or do you take several? I’ve always used the outdoor edge replacement blade type knives but they don’t have much backbone. Any recommendations?
Havalon

I like the Benchmade grizzly creek hunter.
2335497f6ac14e3ac0dcfb262e2c6388.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk