Zamberlan

IAMRAJ

Lil-Rokslider
4014 or 960??
I'm looking at BOA system but if irs actually wirth it in long run? As in feedback from users who use 4014 and if that BOA sysyem still works after a year or two. If not, I'm leaning on 960's.
Please ..no other suggestion on different brand. I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ok I don’t own either but I was at Cabela’s and tried on both last week. I tried on regular and wides in 2 different sizes. For my foot which is not that wide I did not care for the 966. Wasn’t comfortable and the heel didn’t seem to lock in. I thought the Lynx felt very good and I liked it much better. I also wanted to test the boa system and thought it was great. With just a half turn you could fine tune the tightness of the laces. I was impressed after being skeptical. Like you I was concerned about durability and field repair. I would have got the Lynx if they weren’t 450 and more like 320. Ended up buying something else.

I'm on my 2nd pair of 960's. I wear them for backpacking/scouting all summer, climbing peaks, and hunting until the snow gets deep. They are very durable and have just the right amount of flex for talus/scree, but aren't overly stiff for easier hiking. If they fit you, I'd buy them. They are very similar to Crispi Nevada's, but a touch stiffer.

something to consider about the boa system in a hunting boot (and why i would never consider the boa system in a hunting boot)

hunting boots, i value the ability to lace my boots up that caters to me, and/or the terrain i'm in, or what i'm doing. i have never had a pair of boots that fit best just steadily tightened to desired fit... i want to isolate the fit on my foot from fit on my ankle, i want the ability to lock my foot into the heel, etc..

you give up a lot of fit potential imo, it makes a less versatile boot that's less likely to fit perfect (lacing techniques matter)

i have experience with the boa system, i like it on wading boots, but i also see it has shortcomings on a hunting boot.

as for the 2 boots you are trying to decide between, none of us know which will fit you best, that's what it comes down to... both solid boots that work well in a lot of situations, Zamberlan in general is a great company, i favor them over any boots, and will continue buying mostly Zamberlan.

i suggest you order from a source that's easy to return, so if the first choice doesn't fit great, send them back and try the others (blackovis comes to mind)

you can't make a bad choice as long as they fit well

sneaky

"DADDY"
The 972 will be out in the next few weeks. Gore Tex with leather lining on the ZBPK last. Once those form to your feet they'll be money.

jdmaxwell

WKR
Love my 960s.. awesome boot for my foot. 3 Colorado trips, 1 Idaho trip in last 3 years on them. Still good. Heading Alaska and Colorado August and Sept with them...

OP
I

IAMRAJ

Lil-Rokslider
I know I said no other brand..but consideting I've Kenetrek mountain extreme...and I'm happy with them..I just dont wanna buy same for my son...I'm tempted too however

OP
I

IAMRAJ

Lil-Rokslider
I went with 960's and glad I did!

something to consider about the boa system in a hunting boot (and why i would never consider the boa system in a hunting boot)

hunting boots, i value the ability to lace my boots up that caters to me, and/or the terrain i'm in, or what i'm doing. i have never had a pair of boots that fit best just steadily tightened to desired fit... i want to isolate the fit on my foot from fit on my ankle, i want the ability to lock my foot into the heel, etc..

you give up a lot of fit potential imo, it makes a less versatile boot that's less likely to fit perfect (lacing techniques matter)

i have experience with the boa system, i like it on wading boots, but i also see it has shortcomings on a hunting boot.

as for the 2 boots you are trying to decide between, none of us know which will fit you best, that's what it comes down to... both solid boots that work well in a lot of situations, Zamberlan in general is a great company, i favor them over any boots, and will continue buying mostly Zamberlan.

i suggest you order from a source that's easy to return, so if the first choice doesn't fit great, send them back and try the others (blackovis comes to mind)

you can't make a bad choice as long as they fit well
Solid and sound advice. Lacing techniques DO MATTER. No way I would ever buy a hiking/hunting boot with a BOA system. Cycling shoes, running or trail shoes sure, but never on a boot.

I just picked up a pair of 960 a few months ago. They do require some break i but not bad. I was looking at the crispi Nevada but got the zamberlan on sale. I’m glad I got them. They have a lot of great features and I wanted a boot I could wear just about year round. For an all around leather boot, they are difficult to beat, especially if you can get them on sale. You made a good choice.

4014 or 960??
I'm looking at BOA system but if irs actually wirth it in long run? As in feedback from users who use 4014 and if that BOA sysyem still works after a year or two. If not, I'm leaning on 960's.

If the BOA breaks while on a hunt you're in tough spot. An extra lace is an easy add and can be used in other 'oh shit' moments.

4014 or 960??

I was looking at both the Lynx BOA and the Guide 960, I emailed Zamberlan and was directed to the Lynx BOA due to the better flexibility with the Lynx BOA. I went to Cabela's and tried both and agree that the Lynx BOA is a better shoe. They did not have my size in the wide version so I ordered them online. I have 4 elk hunts this fall to help friends with and I'm looking forward to having a hand made pair of boots. Utilizing the BOA system will allow for quick relief when taking breaks during hikes. Hope this helps.

OP
I

IAMRAJ

Lil-Rokslider
I got 960's and got Kuiu Scarpa rebel 10 as well...I had Scarpa 8 (sold em here and buyer is happy with those...)but for me rebel10 gives extra ankle support and it fits great. Its light. I got lucky with both shoes. I'm still however am keen on boa system and prolly will try next....provided they are light and give me good ankle support. I put arch pads inside the shoes and then they feel real good and much better contact of feet with shoe...like a glove .....which is what it should feel like Most of the users of 960's and rebel.10 seem to be happy with them. They both have their purpose and advantages.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

JSMtnMan

FNG
Just purchased a pair of Zamberlan 960 guides on sale at Cabela’s. I’ve been trying to find out how long it takes until they’re broken in….. I have about 30 miles on via treadmill and there just starting to be comfortable…. Prior to about 15 miles they were like walking in ski boots. Feel good now though

coyyota

WKR
Classified Approved
Just purchased a pair of Zamberlan 960 guides on sale at Cabela’s. I’ve been trying to find out how long it takes until they’re broken in….. I have about 30 miles on via treadmill and there just starting to be comfortable…. Prior to about 15 miles they were like walking in ski boots. Feel good now though
How do the 960 run size wise? Did you go down or need a wide?

JSMtnMan

FNG
How do the 960 run size wise? Did you go down or need a wide?
I did not… I normally wear a regular 9 and that’s what I got in these and they feel fine. They have a bigger heel pocket than I’m used to… starting to get a hot spot but seems to be going away….. probably 25 miles since last post

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
I love my 960's. Bought them last summer and used the hell out of them all fall and wear them daily when not working. When I first put my foot in them I thought, nope, not for me, but they broke in relatively quickly.

My work boots are Irish setters with the boa system. I'll never buy boa boots again. They're no quicker to put on and you can't loosen them as much as you can regular boots to get your foot in and out. Also on a taller boot, the bottom laced part doesn't tighten up enough. The only benefit I see is that they don't come undone while wearing them.

JSMtnMan

FNG
I love my 960's. Bought them last summer and used the hell out of them all fall and wear them daily when not working. When I first put my foot in them I thought, nope, not for me, but they broke in relatively quickly.

My work boots are Irish setters with the boa system. I'll never buy boa boots again. They're no quicker to put on and you can't loosen them as much as you can regular boots to get your foot in and out. Also on a taller boot, the bottom laced part doesn't tighten up enough. The only benefit I see is that they don't come undone while wearing them.
Bigunit what kind of breakin period are u talkin? Time wise and terrain?

bigunit

Lil-Rokslider
After a weekend or 2 of casual use they were fine and any Hotspots I thought I could feel had smoothed out. I then wore them to work 2-3 days a week for a month. They were fine after that. I would say after 50-75 hours they were broken in for my feet and I've been happy with them since. I also ordered true to size and initially thought they may be too snug but they had some internal stretch as the foot bed broke in. I also wore thicker socks during break in.

I am wonderin about the boa system myself! I bought the 3032 winter boot with the boa system. I wore them half dozen times snowmobiling and predator hunting now. As a winter boot I havent had to cinch them tight as I need a bit of air space for heat. The boa failing on a snowmobile camping trip is a concern for me but I will carry duct tape in case of emergency. Time will tell how it holds up!