Zeiss goes woke???

sneaky

"DADDY"
They probably don't want a bunch of bozos on Youtube tarnishing their brand image whilst acting like urban commandos.

I'm with you on the kids part.
Yet you say "classy hunters". Classy hunters kill shit... and post pictures. Not so fast! Says Zeiss,we can't let people actually see that our hunting optics are actually used for killing animals. Oh the irony.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you made a list of companies who are active advocates for hunting and that's where they made the majority of their $ the list would be awfully short. That's an unsustainable business model. Too small of a pool of investors.
True. Money makes the world go round.

nobody

WKR
Weatherby Vanguard
Savage Ultralight

Vortex Diamondback Tactical
Vortex Viper
Literally though. probably half of my conversations with guys when I'm working the gun counter go something like this:

"Hi, I'm looking for a new rifle. I currently shoot granddad's old .270 and it's killed plenty of deer but I need something I can consistently kill mule deer at 1200+ yards because I need to shoot them from where I'm glassing. It needs to be sub MOA, and I need a dialing scope. No, I've never shot anything beyond 200 yards and I don't understand ballistics and my range where I shoot only goes to 100 so I'll never practice at those distances but the sub MOA guarantee on the barrel means I should be good inside a 10" circle at 1000 yards right? Oh and I know I'm buying an $800 rifle but don't try to sell me on an expensive $300 scope because I spend my money on my binos and spotter. I only spend 2% of my time looking through the scope so why would I spend as much money on it as my binos? Give me that $150 scope on the bottom shelf. Oh and does that gun come in 300 RUM and do you have any 300 ultra bullets?"

To be clear, I'm not trying to pick on anybody's choices or even how people make a living. But so many people think like this conversation above.

Sorry OP, not trying to hijack....

hunt1up

WKR
Yet you say "classy hunters". Classy hunters kill shit... and post pictures. Not so fast! Says Zeiss,we can't let people actually see that our hunting optics are actually used for killing animals. Oh the irony.

I guess I'm gonna get blasted over typing that. So be it I guess. I just not that outraged or surprised by their marketing strategy. Their a GERMAN optics company that has a very clean, yes "classy" marking look. It's rarely with dead animals, rarely tactical in nature, always some bolt action hunting gun on a mountain vista, or a hunter staring stoically into the horizon. It's the way they've always been.

I imagine Swarovski has a lot of the same rules in place, considering that they have a huge presence in jewelry, medical and industrial optics, and grinding equipment. They aren’t going to want to offend their large non-hunting markets.

OP
Travis Hobbs
Yes, Optifade Open Country and Optifade Forest on their HD5s.

So can I still post a pic of their scope in camo? Or??? I’m confused 🤣🤣 maybe as long as their isn’t a dead coyote in the back ground.

AZ8

WKR
Doubt their bino/riflescope segment pays the bills. Lol

ZEISS develops, produces and distributes highly innovative solutions for industrial metrology and quality assurance, microscopy solutions for the life sciences and materials research, as well as medical technology solutions for diagnostics and treatment in ophthalmology and microsurgery. The name ZEISS is also synonymous with the world's leading lithography optics which are used by the chip industry to manufacture semiconductor components. There is global demand for trendsetting ZEISS brand products such as eyeglass lenses, camera lenses and binoculars. ZEISS consists of four segments: Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Quality & Research, Medical Technology and Consumer Markets.

I guess I'm gonna get blasted over typing that. So be it I guess. I just not that outraged or surprised by their marketing strategy. Their a GERMAN optics company that has a very clean, yes "classy" marking look. It's rarely with dead animals, rarely tactical in nature, always some bolt action hunting gun on a mountain vista, or a hunter staring stoically into the horizon. It's the way they've always been.
Some folks don't understand what classy means, and some are even offended by it.

Look at the Orvis or Blazer marketing. Same thing. Their target audience is people that have some class. I have no problem with that. But then I know better than to expect every person to start chest bumping one another other over bloody pictures of dead animals.

This world could use a little more class these days IMO including hunters.

KurtR

WKR
so since hensoldt is tactical optics and ziess is the parent company they must not adhere to the same rules

Hensoldt-Riflescopes.jpg

Vandy321

WKR
Some folks don't understand what classy means, and some are even offended by it.

Look at the Orvis or Blazer marketing. Same thing. Their target audience is people that have some class. I have no problem with that. But then I know better than to expect every person to start chest bumping one another other over bloody pictures of dead animals.

This world could use a little more class these days IMO including hunters.
Straight from the Orvis website...dead animals and kids with guns. Who's gonna tell them this is below the Orvis level of class? Zeiss would never post such classless pics showing good old fashioned family/hunting.View attachment 379542

Last edited:

hunt1up

WKR
so since hensoldt is tactical optics and ziess is the parent company they must not adhere to the same rules

Hensoldt-Riflescopes.jpg
Yeah that looks to be marketed differently. That's a $8,000 scope marketed to military and law enforcement for snipers. I don't know much about Hensoldt but their website is nothing but military surveillance and neavy weaponry. Seems apples/oranges.

Shraggs

WKR
Folks will bitch but few will actually do anything other than bitch.

Look at Georgia's voting bill and the pushback on it. How many folks who support that law actually boycotted (and still are) the following companies who came out against it:
Delta, Coca Cola, CNN, Home Depot, Merck, Apple, Facebook, Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Hawks, BlackRock, JP Morgan, American Express, Citigroup, Google, Porsche, UPS, Microsoft, Aflac, Bank of American Cisco, Viacom, etc.
Haven’t had coke product since
Requested a VP discussion at AMEX
Won’t fly Delta
Quit Merck
Gave up all pro sports
Ship fedex or usps first.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah that looks to be marketed differently. That's a $8,000 scope marketed to military and law enforcement for snipers. I don't know much about Hensoldt but their website is nothing but military surveillance and neavy weaponry. Seems apples/oranges.
Yet they are owned by Zeiss. Seems like Zeiss is being pretty selective. If they have an issue with anything tactical they should just sell off their Hensoldt division. That's fine, plenty of other high quality sporting optics on the market that aren't afraid to recognize hunters as part of their demographic.

hunt1up

WKR
Yet they are owned by Zeiss. Seems like Zeiss is being pretty selective. If they have an issue with anything tactical they should just sell off their Hensoldt division. That's fine, plenty of other high quality sporting optics on the market that aren't afraid to recognize hunters as part of their demographic.

Looks like a hunter?

1644524690212.png

Shraggs

WKR
Idk, when I’ve worked with marketing and advertising in large companies I’ve always felt them more like artists. With that feeling I’ve always felt more right brain and liberal values. Not putting anyone in a box either. I’m certain their actuarial team has thoroughly looked at this and their losses are factored. There is a corporate belief that woke us most of their buyers in a host of things. I’ll never get this…

So many companies have changed: menards you can only check prices from their app for outdoor stored products- but they’re buyers for home projects are boomers and gen x, not millennials where woke is more prevalent and as a group get money from parents…. Try to find a diet non cola in a convenience store… yet as a boomer with money wanting a non caffeine soda I can’t find it and that same demographic chooses other drinks like energy…

I just wonder if ZEISS marketing is making the same mistaken interpretation from their department or contractors vs a change in values.

Idk rambling thoughts.

Beckjhong

WKR
This seems to be a learning opportunity. I have seen the same screenshot circulating on several websites, but I can not find a second source.

Beware the media you consume. Is this information from a reliable source? Can it be independently verified? There are a lot of strong opinions based off of unsubstantiated information.