How do I get high arrow weight with short arrows?

Beendare

WKR
Weed eater line sucks

Do you really want your arrows Rattling?

One option to increase arrow weight without changing spine is the 3 different weight arrow tubes that 3 Rivers archery sells. ....They work great. You can add them to your existing arrow- easy.

Just an fyi, best to cut them for a perfect fit...and if you use the really heavy ones [like for a dangerous game arrow] glue them in.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Lil-Rokslider
Do you really want your arrows Rattling?

One option to increase arrow weight without changing spine is the 3 different weight arrow tubes that 3 Rivers archery sells. ....They work great. You can add them to your existing arrow- easy.

Just an fyi, best to cut them for a perfect fit...and if you use the really heavy ones [like for a dangerous game arrow] glue them in.
The key to prevent them from rattling is to crimp, or kink the line. Take pliers and pinch the line in several places along the length and trim to fit. Super easy.

Ive read several times over the years of guys having trouble with the weight tubes so i never tried them. But crimping weed eater line is easy and effective and its cheap. But to each their own.

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Weed eater line does not rattle in a arrow shaft. That is a baseless myth by people that either never tried it or people that did it wrong.

Beendare

WKR
Ive read several times over the years of guys having trouble with the weight tubes so i never tried them. ....

Yeah^ the same guys that dry fire their bows no doubt.

Arrow tubes are cheap....and a perfect fit to your arrows making all of them the same.

The weed eater line is a half azzed solution at best. They aren't a uniform weight.They affect arrow flight. They don't fit perfect no matter how much crimping you do.[you really think they stay that way?] They can compress and move around while your arrow is in flight.

You weed eater guys need to shoot them for groups at 60 yds? [I already know the answer] An arrow oscillates in flight....do you really want something flopping around in there?

It really comes down to how picky you are about your equipment....if you are a mediocre shooter....then it probably doesn't matter.

vanish

WKR
I feel your pain. I have no interest in building arrows either, I just want to shoot them, and that makes this even harder.

Ethics Archery outsert system will get you to the weight. I have a 27” arrow at 530 grains and another at 479.

Zac

WKR
Brian Broderick of Day 6 is extremely involved if you wan't to get ahold of him. It is rare to wait more than two minutes for a reply to an email. Another thought if you could shoot a 300 spine would be the Easton FMJ Dangerous Game shafts. I believe they come in at 16 gpi, although I think your back to using Deep Six components.

Zac

WKR
I almost forgot about the Victory Xtorsion. You could get a 350 or a 400 spine with gpi's of 12.7 or 11.6, they also offer a 75 gr steel outsert.