Western Mountain boots

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I just finished two weeks Elk hunting in Idaho and wore Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX boots. They did the job but we’re way way to flexible. So what I’m looking for is recommendations on a stiff soled boots. Crispi, Hanwag, Zamberlain, Scarpa etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choosing boots is as individual as choosing a wife, what works for one guy, may not work for you. The companies you listed are all good, just have to try boots on until you find one you like. I wear Salomon boots for hiking, but for hunting, I generally wear Salewa. Another option in the Salomon line is the X Alp Mtn GTX, my understanding is that it's built similar to the 4D GTX, but more rigid/robust for steeper, rockier environments.

duchntr

WKR
Start trying out boots. Id start with scrapa charmoz, lasportiva trango's ,selawa crow or vulture and lowa cavedales. Order a bunch off zappos or rei find what fits best return the rest. Good luck

rm06

WKR
Start trying out boots. Id start with scrapa charmoz, lasportiva trango's ,selawa crow or vulture and lowa cavedales. Order a bunch off zappos or rei find what fits best return the rest. Good luck

+1, good advice and a list of quality boots