Bear Attacks Hunter & Guide (Guide Missing in WY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they identify the bears as the ones involved? Anyone know the process? Or do they just trap and kill the first bears they can and say all is safe now, carry on. Justice!

appaloosa

FNG
How do they identify the bears as the ones involved? Anyone know the process? Or do they just trap and kill the first bears they can and say all is safe now, carry on. Justice!
Both victims will have dna from the offending bears on them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
This right here.
They sets snares near elk carcass, caught both on first night. Killed both. Will test for dna.

No, if they snared them, it’s kill first then check for DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
Donated.

We need to figure out a way to get this out to all the people that donated to stop the grizzly hunts.

Those jerks would just say it served him right. The people that fight these things are not logical and often represent a very defective ideology.

AKBorn

WKR
Not to make this about a bear carrying someone but I think a Yellowstone grizzly and likely a sow is going to have a heck of a time carrying a 200 lb man 1/4 mile in the mountains before rigomortis sets in. If you watch videos of bears dragging deer and carcasses on flat ground they don't seem to drag as easily as you'd think.

Or maybe it is my defense mechanism telling me they are not as strong as they really are.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Prayers sent to the family, this is a bad deal for sure.

On our flyout caribou hunt last Fall in Alaska, as we were flying out to remote camp we saw a large grizzly dragging a dead young adult grizzly in its mouth. THAT tends to get your attention in a hurry. The grizzly I was watching would have made short work of dragging a 200 pound load.

Mercyme

Banned
Those jerks would just say it served him right. The people that fight these things are not logical and often represent a very defective ideology.

Yes you are right, they are not logical until their kids, or wife or friend die and the story changes, i wonder if we have to start praying and hope their family/friends get attached by bears.

CorbLand

WKR
The guide a friends sisters brother in law and I've been following it for a few days...

I really don't understand the mindset of throwing the gun to a guy who's getting attacked by a bear.
Walk up to the bear and distract it and then shoot? Walk up and shoot it? Shoot just to shoot?

I feel like the hunter should go to trial no matter what and something should happen.

He should've went back and checked on the guide at least. Very frustrating and sad... I hope no one leaves me if I'm getting mauled by a bear.

Two things...

He threw the gun to the guide when the bear turned its attention to the hunter.

What grounds would they have to even come close to starting a trial? There are no laws that require you to help in a situation like this.

I'm sure the libtard media outlets have the facts so screwed up that most of us will never hear anything resembling the truth. I'm sure that Mr. Uptain was trying to deliver instructions to his client in an extremely dangerous situation, and things turned out bad. I feel so terrible for Mr. Uptain's wife, children, and loved ones. I hold a vast amount of anger towards people who try to interpret the outcomes of situations based on media bullshit, so please just stop. It doesn't need to be said. Not now, not ever. Only a facetious prick would believe that they have all the information. Bottom line is....these bears are dangerous. They can and will kill even the most experienced and resilient among us, which isn't many. Be careful in those mountains in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana that grizzlies inhabit. No one wants a tragic ending to an elk hunt because of a damn bear that is so beloved to those that literally never interact with them.

Hoot

WKR
Two things...

He threw the gun to the guide when the bear turned its attention to the hunter.

What grounds would they have to even come close to starting a trial? There are no laws that require you to help in a situation like this.

Not to mention he had already sustained injury of some sort, hard to pass judgement of what he shoulda/woulda/coulda without being in his shoes...

Mercyme

Banned
Fighting a bear with your hands, okay. The moment you try to catch a gun to shoot the bear is all the time it needs to rip your neck off. The hunting guide guy is an amateur

"The hunting guide guy is an amateur ". Congrats Mercyme for being the most uneducated prick on Rokslide. "The hunting guide guy", as you so eloquently refer to him, is a very experienced guide and very handy in the mountains. If you don't mind me asking....do you personally know the "hunting guide guy"? Because if you dont, then everything you say is a lie sir. I take exception to your statement as untrue, crass, derogatory, and a lie. Yes, you are a liar. Now, please provide your firsthand knowledge of the amateurism of "the hunting guide guy" or retract your statement immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.