Boot Month Winners Announced

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who participated in Rokslide's first Boot Month. Looking at the article stats, seems everyone was really interested in what our staff and members had to say about the latest footwear for mountain hunters. If you missed those articles, everything can be accessed here:

http://www.rokslide.com/easyblog/entry/rokslide-s-boot-month-new-reviews-and-killer-giveaways

Now, time for the winner announcements. Schnee's, Lathrop & Sons, and Black Ovis all kicked in some top-end footwear for Boot Month. Give these generous sponsors a click or call next time you're in the market for backcountry footwear.

Today, I'll announce the winners of the Schnee's Bridger Boot and the Lathrop & Son's "pick-your boot". For Black Ovis's Zamberlin Guide Boot, I'll be doing that drawing live by video from the Black Ovis Booth at the Western Hunting Expo on Friday morning shortly after the show opens. Feel free to stop by the booth and see how these Rokslide drawings are done.

Following the rules posted for the contests in the rules linked above, I used Random.org's random number generator. If your name was drawn, you have 10 days to claim your prize by commenting below or I'll draw another name. Obviously you'll be asked to prove who you are.

For the Schnee's Bridger Boot...
attachment.php

http://www.schnees.com/product/SCHNEES-Bridger-6/Mountain-Africa-Upland

Shayne Jones wins the Bridger!

For the Lathrop & Sons giveaway...
attachment.php

https://lathropandsons.com/

I used the same method and drew Rokslide Member Gramirau

Gramirau purchased the Complete Custom Boot System and will be refunded the entire cost of his Boot and Footbed!

Same deal, post up in the comments below to claim your prize within 10 days.

Watch this thread for the drawing announcement for the winner of the Zamberlan Guide Boot.

Next on the docket is Rokslide's Backpack Month with great reviews on the latest packs from Stone Glacier, Paradox, Kifaru, Exo, and Mystery Ranch (and of course some sweet giveaways too!)

Last edited:

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats, Shayne & Gramirau.

Picked up my Zamberlan's from Stephen @ Lathrops this morning. Went with the complete boot system as well. If first impressions is worth anything, these will be fabulous. I have the great advantage that I work only 10 minutes from their shop and can easily get back for adjustments if required. Already thinking about ordering a warm weather hiking boot through Lathrops.

Thanks Robby & Rokslide for organizing these drawings.

gramirau

FNG
absolutely cannot believe I won this boot package. Thank you very much to Rokslide and to Lathrop and Sons for the gift. I'll try and pay it forward as best I can. My feet, particularly my heels, will likely thank you more once I start wearing down some rubber.

You'll note this is my first post, however I've been a member for a while. I make my living in Calgary, Alberta. While I've hunted since I was a young boy, I've only started into the backpack hunting and elk hunting in the last two seasons. Whitetail and Mulies before that. I am now 100% addicted to this backpack hunting experience. This site has been amazing. The knowledge and the know-how is second-to-none. As such, I didn't want to muddy the waters with my knowledge/opinion. I know that whatever question someone poses, there are 100 other members on here with an answer backed with more knowledge/experience than me. I've yet to be proven wrong on that point either.

Regarding Lathrop and Sons, I've briefly dealt with Stephen and so far, have nothing but good things to say. Genuinely a nice guy to deal with and chat with. I'm looking forward to finding a boot that fits my feet.

Thank you again for the boot package!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear from gramirau and congrats on the big win. Be sure and let us know what boot you and Stephen ultimately decide on and for sure how it performs in the field. Glad you're part of Rokslide.

mauidiver

WKR
Thats awesome guys!! Congrats to you both!! Rokslide and venders Rock!! COngrats again

Manosteel

WKR
absolutely cannot believe I won this boot package. Thank you very much to Rokslide and to Lathrop and Sons for the gift. I'll try and pay it forward as best I can. My feet, particularly my heels, will likely thank you more once I start wearing down some rubber.

You'll note this is my first post, however I've been a member for a while. I make my living in Calgary, Alberta. While I've hunted since I was a young boy, I've only started into the backpack hunting and elk hunting in the last two seasons. Whitetail and Mulies before that. I am now 100% addicted to this backpack hunting experience. This site has been amazing. The knowledge and the know-how is second-to-none. As such, I didn't want to muddy the waters with my knowledge/opinion. I know that whatever question someone poses, there are 100 other members on here with an answer backed with more knowledge/experience than me. I've yet to be proven wrong on that point either.

Regarding Lathrop and Sons, I've briefly dealt with Stephen and so far, have nothing but good things to say. Genuinely a nice guy to deal with and chat with. I'm looking forward to finding a boot that fits my feet.

Thank you again for the boot package!

Congrats my Alberta brutha! Post away, hunting is hunting no matter what the animal and if you have been hunting since you were a boy you will have lots to contribute, us Cunucks are far to passive at times lol Congrats again :D