most comfortable pad

Trial153

WKR
Q cores are great however they seem to have a high rate of failure, however they are also very popular-so there is a lot out there as well. We tend to hear more about the negative then the positive.

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
I got a new klymit insulated static v on camofire a while back to replace my thermarest z lite. I’m a side sleeper and toss and turn a lot and it is super comfortable. It is a bit heavy but for the price and comfort it is totally worth it.

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same leak problem with a BA Q core pad. It was great for a while, then wouldn't hold air through the night. Never could find the leaks...
I had the big agnes system for a while, as I liked the generous non mummy cut and the pad holder. The q-core was warm and comfortable for a little while, but I (being a bigger guy) started getting cold spots around the pad due to the height. IF I slept on my side and then rolled back over in the middle of the night, there was a cold channel along the sides. Then, I started noticing that it was not holding air through the night. Tested over and over for leaks, but couldn't find any. Returned it to REI and got another one. The next one I got did not leak, but had the same cold spot issues. I also found that I did not need the extra height to be comfortable, so I tried out the therm-a-rest xtherm. First night I was taken back by how warm and comfortable it was. The only downside was that it makes noise due to the material it uses. Its not enough to wake me up at night, but if Im moving around a little before bed, its noticeable.

I got a new klymit insulated static v on camofire a while back to replace my thermarest z lite. I’m a side sleeper and toss and turn a lot and it is super comfortable. It is a bit heavy but for the price and comfort it is totally worth it.

im a side sleeper too and did not like the klymit, althought they have great reviews. bought at costco though so i coudl return it. happy with thermarest neo air trekker.

I had the same leak problem with a BA Q core pad. It was great for a while, then wouldn't hold air through the night. Never could find the leaks...

This was one of those things that drove me totally crazy. I was more upset that I couldn't find a problem, than I was upset that my pad was leaking. Now, when I purchase new pads, I fill them up and keep them that way for a couple days before I go, just to be sure.....

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, got about a dozen nights on it. Its decent for its weight, not overly noisy and pretty warm. Its not a comfortable asthe expeds i have but its much lighter.
The nemo is a decent pad.

I just ordered the Nemo so will give it a shot this fall. Should be more comfortable than my existing pads. Had a buddy borrow my self inflating thermarest the other day for a quick camping trip and he didn't sleep a wink that night he was so uncomfortable. This is what I want to improve upon with a new pad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been through three of the ExPed down mats and the baffles keep blowing out on them... joy

Great for base camps, wouldn't pack one around. Need something more reliable as well.

IdahoElk

WKR
Been through three of the ExPed down mats and the baffles keep blowing out on them... joy

Great for base camps, wouldn't pack one around. Need something more reliable as well.

Just curious, how many days on each before it failed?
I have three seasons on my Exped without issue.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm gonna jinx myself, but through the years me and wife have had five BA pads with no problems. I just got a sixth (another SLX) for the wife.
Man, you should have kept that to yourself lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You know they won't hold up when you're using them for calisthenics or as a crash pad, lol.

I blew out the baffles on the first one I owned. Exped replaced it free and I've had no other problems. Cadillac pad for me. Downmat 9LW.

Do yourself a favor and try the Sea to Summit comfort plus long. Not at all heavy for how comfortable it is. I have some friends who are well past 300lbs that think they’re comfy.
Just spent my first night on this pad.... I loved it. Best night sleep in the backcountry yet.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

dtrkyman

WKR
I had an insulated air core BA, it never held air, I kind of forgot about it but contacted their CS and told them the issue, pad was probably 5 plus years old, sent to them and they replaced it with a comparable pad and even offered an upgrade if I paid the difference. New one holds air so we will see how it goes?

Bl704

WKR
On season 3 with my Nemo, no real complaints.

Hopefully you got the insulated version.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

LifeAndLiberty

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Sea to Summit Comfort Plus. I got it on a recommendation from Graves here, its so awesome I just placed an order for a second one for my wife/kids/whoever else I'm with.

Yeah, just tried it out for two nights, not in very cold temps so havent had a chance to test the R-value out. However, coming from an extremely comfortable exped synmat with those vertical baffles, the design on this one just feels better to me. I really was blown away with how comfortable I was
Another vote for the Sea to Summit Comfort Plus. I got it on a recommendation from Graves here, its so awesome I just placed an order for a second one for my wife/kids/whoever else I'm with.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the pro lite, I’m 6’1 220 pounds and a rodeo side sleeper. Sleeps are nice with no shoulder or hip pain or arms falling asleep.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I just got back from spending six nights on my Exped DownMat XP 9 LW. It is relatively heavy, but those were the most restful nights I have ever spent while camping. Side, back or belly - it did not matter. Despite the comfort of the Exped, I am still tempted to try the much lighter XTherm.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the DownMat UL Winter or SynMat UL Winter (20oz in size medium) if you want to stick with EXPED and save some weight. Both are 20D fabric instead of 75d, which will give you a solid weight savings.