0 Degree Bag

Tahoe1305

WKR
What’s your hack? The extra length of the 6’6” SG bags has kept me away from them
I buy Long Female bags. Typically long covers 5-10 -6’ range. Female bags are rated at comfort limits vs extreme limit like most male bags (guess they sleep colder).

Example. Snagged a 15d sea to summit bag in Long. Same measurements as men’s Reg 0deg (fill etc), but only rated to 5’-10” (which I am). 2.25lbs. And warm as can be for a “men’s 0 deg”.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I buy Long Female bags. Typically long covers 5-10 -6’ range. Female bags are rated at comfort limits vs extreme limits like most male bags (guess they sleep colder).

Example. Snagged a 15d sea to summit bag in Long. Same measurements as men’s Reg 0deg (fill etc), but only rated to 5’-10” (which I am). 2.25lbs. And warm as can be for a “men’s 0 deg”.
Actually, there's comfort, limit, and extreme. Comfort is the temp a normal female feels comfortable, limit is where the normal male feels comfortable, and extreme is where you will survive in a fetal position and won't freeze to death, but you won't be comfortable. Most companies advertise the limit rating for their bag as the standard advertising.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
Actually, there's comfort, limit, and extreme. Comfort is the temp a normal female feels comfortable, limit is where the normal male feels comfortable, and extreme is where you will survive in a fetal position and won't freeze to death, but you won't be comfortable. Most companies advertise the limit rating for their bag as the standard advertising.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yeah apologies. I meant comfort for female vs limit for male.