0 degree bags that are STILL COMPACT

Jens22

FNG
Looking for a quality 0° sleeping bag that I can use for backpacking hunts. I don't want something that will take up a lot of space or weight.

Marble

WKR
You need to define what volume and weight is a lot to you. Lots of choices.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
0 degree F bags are not compact nor light. Western Mountaineering Kodiak is an example of a top end bag that will likely be true to rating and about as light and compact as you can get at almost 3 pounds and about 18 L of volume.

You really need to have more details and put in some work researching. Then ask about specific bags.

dmozer74

FNG
I’m a quilt guy. The hammock gear economy Burrow in 0 degrees with a sewn footbox weighs in at 33 oz, compacts down nicely and costs $270. You’ll need a very good sleeping pad in those temps too, make sure to allow for that.

Windigo

Lil-Rokslider
Nemo sonic 0 compresses to the same size as my big Agnes 30 bag (synthetic). Seems small to me.

Nemo sonic 0 compresses to the same size as my big Agnes 30 bag (synthetic). Seems small to me.
Seconded! This is a great cold weather bag. The reinforced foot box is great and the neck collars seal out a lot of draft. I have packed this bag many times.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
western mountaineering down 5 F with a twin flat sheet (cotton) and you'll be happy with both. That bumps up the warmth and compliments the smallest footprint for stuffed and packed system.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feathered Friend Lark UL (10F) with 3 oz of overfill will give you a legit 0 bag at just a little over 2 lbs and packs nice and small :)

Marble

WKR
0 degree F bags are not compact nor light. Western Mountaineering Kodiak is an example of a top end bag that will likely be true to rating and about as light and compact as you can get at almost 3 pounds and about 18 L of volume.

You really need to have more details and put in some work researching. Then ask about specific bags.
The weight and size seems right. 18L isn't huge but it is bigger than a 20 degree down bag.

I have a 2 pound down bag that's 20 degrees and a Kifaru 0 degree long and wide that is probably 3.5 pounds and fits in an 18L stuff sack that compresses down.

I feel like going from archery in September to rifle in Oct/Nov, my pack gets another 10 pounds and uses 25% more volume.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk