10 ft adjustable center pole?

If you are not backpacking it I have bought two concrete screed poles at Menards and made into a 3 or 4 piece pole through strategic cutting. Strong blue anodized thin wall aluminum pole about 1 3/8 diameter. Used with a heavy canvas range tent center pole so should handle most anything.

Titan

WKR
Cabelas sells 3 different adjustable poles. I believe the largest goes past 10ft. I thought the connection would be junky, but it surprisingly strong.

OP
durangobrad
If you are not backpacking it I have bought two concrete screed poles at Menards and made into a 3 or 4 piece pole through strategic cutting. Strong blue anodized thin wall aluminum pole about 1 3/8 diameter. Used with a heavy canvas range tent center pole so should handle most anything.

Are they tapered or something so that you can fit one inside the other? This probably isnt adjustable in length?

Are they tapered or something so that you can fit one inside the other? This probably isnt adjustable in length?

Ends are swaged down to fit one to another and have the push in metal button retention. Two male ends and one cut-off female give you a 3 piece pole from 2 longer purchased items. Not adjustable so I verified exact length I required with a wooden pole and made this the same. You can always dig down or block up in a strange circumstance.

Titan

WKR
Tallest one says 9' and back ordered....

Bummer. I see in the description that one goes to 10', but doesn't show it in the drop down. I have a couple of the 8' ones and I think you could actually connect 2 of them together. I can check later today to see if that is possible (edited to add that they come in sections so getting 9'-11' might be possible with 1 extra section.)

Rei makes one that quite a bit more expensive and still only goes to 8'. But you could always buy a piece of aluminum conduit and drill hole to put a pin through for adjustment. Not ideal though and seems like go4thegusto's idea mike be more exact.