10 month wait for kuiu attack pants about to come to an end

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Jason posted about the supply issues on the Kuiu Blog on 10/10/12 and 10/17/12. According to those posts, they hope to fix the issues, and denies any conspiracy.

Like I said, I hope it does get straightened out soon, and I agree with Ryan: The Attacks are easily the best all-around hunting pants I've used.

dotman

WKR
Don't know what the deal is, but 10 months is a long time to wait. I'm not as cynical as Dotman, but it does seem a little disconcerning as a customer. I have Attack pants in 34's. In fact, I should get a pair back that I loaned to one of the members here. Was beginning to wonder what the deal was, but this explains things. Will be interesting to see where these were made.

BTW, just went to KUIU shopping page. 34 Vias not available at this time was what the response was on the computer when I tried to order. Curious to see if anyone else tried that or the phone.

Well I'm not faulting Kuiu, business do this all the time, I'm just stating they made a business decision to release a new product and move manufacturing at the same time, this has to create delays. What they should have done and maybe they did is continue short term production in CN on Vias while they ramped up Verde inventory in the new facility.

Me diagreeing/agreeing with their decisioin doesn't matter. I don't think it is a conspiracy just bad timing for two major business decisions, New product and new production facility. I bet it gets straightened out but I also bet competition gets tougher.

Last edited:
OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Not to stir the pot but I have to disagree, I bet they were holding back since they made a move to China, stopped production of Vias for Verde and told no one of this move. They knew that decision would hold up vias preorders but they didn't say a word until after the Verde started shipping and people questioned the labels, so I wouldn't say the were held up by supplier issues.

I would say they made a huge business change, released a new product knowing they had customers waiting for old products that were now moved back in production. This was purely a business decision and to keep from letting customers know a new camo was coming out they just kept saying current inventory is delayed.

this is to stir the pot, "i bet they were," exactly. you have no reason to speculate your accusations, especially with jason being fairly forward about the situation, assuming we take him at his word. unless you have an inside source you're getting information from....leave it be. this isnt a continuation of your thoughts on kuiu.

my only point to this post is i waited a darn long time and i sure hope they got all the kinks worked out, that the pants on their way will be the same quality ive heard people talk about in the past.....am hoping for the best.

hopefully next week i can let people know what i think! although i wont be able to compare it to the earlier attack pants as ive never had any.

dotman

WKR
this is to stir the pot, "i bet they were," exactly. you have no reason to speculate your accusations, especially with jason being fairly forward about the situation, assuming we take him at his word. unless you have an inside source you're getting information from....leave it be. this isnt a continuation of your thoughts on kuiu.

my only point to this post is i waited a darn long time and i sure hope they got all the kinks worked out, that the pants on their way will be the same quality ive heard people talk about in the past.....am hoping for the best.

hopefully next week i can let people know what i think! although i wont be able to compare it to the earlier attack pants as ive never had any.

Settle down, don't think I said a negative thing and pretty sure Jason said Vias production was haulted to ramp up Verde and if he didn't maybe he should have. Sorry that all my posts hurt your feelings and I truly hope you like them, I like mine.

Also a fact is your Vias just came in, Verde attack pants were instock back in Nov. Tell me what was being made?

Are you related to Jason?

Last edited:
OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Settle down, don't think I said a negative thing and pretty sure Jason said Vias production was haulted to ramp up Verde and if he didn't maybe he should have. Sorry that all my posts hurt your feelings and I truly hope you like them, I like mine.

apology accepted, for now, haha :D

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
I had just happened to call yesterday to order some and found out they just came in. I wanted Verde but was told that could be a while so I got Vias Attack pants and a Verde Guide jacket. They might not put my pic on the cover of Bowhunter now with the mixed camo. ;)

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
X2! Pants conspiracy theories? They are great pants and I would wait 10 months for them but in the meantime I would wear a different pants so I didn't have to check my mailbox bottomless every day.

Where was this post 11 months ago................

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I don't know if I was lucky or what but I have three pairs of attack pants. Both of the Camo and one in burnt olive. I never waited more than a month for any of them. Maybe some of you sat on the fence to long.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I don't know if I was lucky or what but I have three pairs of attack pants. Both of the Camo and one in burnt olive. I never waited more than a month for any of them. Maybe some of you sat on the fence to long.

sat one the fence for about 3-4 weeks after i found out about kuiu.....and a 10 month wait ensued....i think it would have been 11 if i had ordered the day i found out about the company.

i almost bought yours in the classifieds awhile back, but figured i waited this long i might as well keep on waiting

you were lucky!

dotman

WKR

Yeah when I ordered they shipped in a few days but I also went with solids when everyone wanted Vias.

dotman

WKR
sat one the fence for about 3-4 weeks after i found out about kuiu.....and a 10 month wait ensued....i think it would have been 11 if i had ordered the day i found out about the company.

i almost bought yours in the classifieds awhile back, but figured i waited this long i might as well keep on waiting

you were lucky!

Have you put in a second preorder? Seriously if you end up liking might be a good idea, then if for some reason you don't like them you could cancel cause 1 pair will not be enough.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the pants conspiracy theory, it was the spooks:).......................I as well got mine within 30 days, but I will say I was on the KUIU bandwagon early and placed orders immediately once they started taking orders.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Have you put in a second preorder? Seriously if you end up liking might be a good idea, then if for some reason you don't like them you could cancel cause 1 pair will not be enough.

i considered it, but with the pants on the way if i like them, and the ascent pants i have now.....should get me through next season. so ill wait til im impressed before putting in an order for another pair, but believe me.....i wont wait long lol

I guess I got lucky but I didn't have to wait for my attack pants in size 34 Vias. I did order them very early last year though so maybe I just got in the front of the line. I had the zipper blow out on them but they fixed them for free. I also have a pair of 34s in major brown.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess I got lucky but I didn't have to wait for my attack pants in size 34 Vias. I did order them very early last year though so maybe I just got in the front of the line. I had the zipper blow out on them but they fixed them for free. I also have a pair of 34s in major brown.

Rubbin it in huh? ;)