16.5” .243 or 6.5CM?

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
To be honest my suppressor blew up shooting my 300wm not long after that post and I just received it back. That kinda but a damper on things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What caused your can to blow up? Have a bad baffle strike on it? I keep going with shorter and shorter bolt guns. I love them. Nice having them so compact. Next bolt gun I get will be a 14" 375 Raptor.

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
7596794243776d5c436b7e1062bafc2e.jpg

I honestly don’t know, it looks like it could have been a failed weld. I couldn’t find the rest of it to verify or rule out a baffle strike. It was scary though.

Hnthrdr

WKR

I honestly don’t know, it looks like it could have been a failed weld. I couldn’t find the rest of it to verify or rule out a baffle strike. It was scary though.

Wow? Sico harvester evo? I think there was a recall on a few of those, I should check the serial number on mine

SloppyJ

WKR
Looks like a failed weld to me if broke clean like that. I'm sure they'll take care of you but that sucks. But it's a great reason to have 2 or 10 more.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
Yea

Yeah, thats a pretty clean break. I'd say its a failed weld. I just recently ordered my first tubeless can from Griffin Armament. Got the Explorr 300. It's light, lets hope its tough!

OP
C

CBB1

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, Harvester Evo. It has a serial number before the recall. Silencer Co took care of me with no issues and I was happy to deal with them and have a scythe sitting in jail. It was a 22” 300wm 1gr below Hornady book max. It was a perfectly clean separation at the weld, no jagged edges to indicate a tear.

Weldor

WKR
There's a good article on short barreled 243 on the Rifleshooter.com. I'd have to take a hard pass on that short on the 243. 2400 and change is pretty slow for 100 grainers. IMHO 20" is better.

Last edited:

TxLite

WKR
Yes, Harvester Evo. It has a serial number before the recall. Silencer Co took care of me with no issues and I was happy to deal with them and have a scythe sitting in jail. It was a 22” 300wm 1gr below Hornady book max. It was a perfectly clean separation at the weld, no jagged edges to indicate a tear.
Glad to see they jumped in and took care of you without any headache. That’s been my experience with them as well (my issue was 100% on me though).

peaches

Lil-Rokslider

Darn, that would cause a flinch! Glad you're okay. I looked at the EVO, glad I passed and would be concerned if I was shooting one.

SloppyJ

WKR
There's a good article on short barreled 243 on the Rifleshooter.com. I'd have to take a hard pass on that short on the 243. 2400 and chage is pretty slow for 100 grainers. IMHO 20" is better.
I haven't seen that article but that's stupid slow for a .243. Someone here did this same thing but went 18" and chambered to 243ai. I think he was close to 3kfps. I don't think there's much bump in velocity improving a .243 either as compared to other cartridges.

FCCDerek

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't seen that article but that's stupid slow for a .243. Someone here did this same thing but went 18" and chambered to 243ai. I think he was close to 3kfps. I don't think there's much bump in velocity improving a .243 either as compared to other cartridges.
If you're going to do a short barreled 6mm a 6MAX is a good option. But, that is really made to excel in an AR. That speed does seem tremendously slow for even a 16" 243. I'd have to say his numbers are off.

SloppyJ

WKR
If you're going to do a short barreled 6mm a 6MAX is a good option. But, that is really made to excel in an AR. That speed does seem tremendously slow for even a 16" 243. I'd have to say his numbers are off.
Ehh I'm good with a properly throated 243ai. My last option would be a 6 creed but there's a bit more velocity on the table with the 243 from my research.