2015 Elk Meat Pole

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
Starting to see some nice bulls hitting the dirt. Also hearing that a lot of guys are having a hard time this year, especially here in Colorado. Anyway, thought I'd start a thread for the 2015 harvest. Lets see em!

Here is my Colorado muzzleloader bull. It was definitely a strange season. I had lots of activity, but the bulls all seemed to be on their own, rather than with groups of cows. One day they'd be talking like crazy, then the next day, they'd be quiet. Hunted hard for the week, and got him just before dark on the second Saturday. I had been chasing a different bull that had really long main beams, but kept getting busted by him. At one point, I had him at 65 yards ready to shoot. Except there was a tree branch in my shooting lane. I need a half step from him, but instead he turned and headed up the hill into the scrub oak. Later, this guy stepped out after the other one busted me, and auto-pilot took over. Dropped him in his tracks at 105yds. His mass helped him to put him right at 330".

Last edited:
a8fc967488d1b7e1f10c375485d7be5c.jpg

7c1e30f8b5a8eecaa65737b3ee96c59a.jpg

nice bull Hardway! That would be 2 years running, if I am not mistaken, that you have tagged beautiful bulls with a muzzleloader. I read the account of last years bull, which you posted, and I would like to know which bullet you selected for this years hunt. Congrats and enjoy the steaks.

OP
TheHardWay

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
nice bull Hardway! That would be 2 years running, if I am not mistaken, that you have tagged beautiful bulls with a muzzleloader. I read the account of last years bull, which you posted, and I would like to know which bullet you selected for this years hunt. Congrats and enjoy the steaks.

Thank you! I stuck with the 300r Thor again for this year. I wasn't able to recover the bullet this year, so I couldn't see how it expanded. I was curious to see if it had expanded better than last year's did. I guess I'll never know!

Bullfrog

FNG
Finally connected on my first elk. It took 4 years of hunting public lands learning how to hunt elk and 6pp to draw into the unit but I'm super happy to have a complete diy public land trophy! Bull scored 327

IMG_20150921_0945506911_1.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Finally connected on my first elk. It took 4 years of hunting public lands learning how to hunt elk and 6pp to draw into the unit but I'm super happy to have a complete diy public land trophy! Bull scored 327

IMG_20150921_0945506911_1.jpg
[/URL]
Nice bull bro. I haven't had mine scored yet. But it looks close to yours.

ChadS

Lil-Rokslider
uploadfromtaptalk1443429171368.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443429195356.jpg

Finally connected with this bull on the last day I could hunt this season, last Friday at 235 PM. Colorado OTC hammered by everyone and their brother unit. He left his cows to come play in the mud but never made it back to his lady friends. Shot him at 25yds slightly quartering away you can see the entry and came out opposite shoulder. 536 Grain GT Kinetic with a Rage Hypodermic, pass through. He only made it 25 yards before he piled up. Man was I pumped. Im thinking he will land right about 310"

Last edited: