2015 Season

Congratulations on two well earned trophies. Color me green not only for the quality of your trophies, but for being able to hunt elk for 20 straight days! Were you hunting these two particular bulls your entire hunt?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Phenomenal! I haven't had time to follow this thread but just got caught up. Good job Justin and the boys.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone!

Congratulations on two well earned trophies. Color me green not only for the quality of your trophies, but for being able to hunt elk for 20 straight days! Were you hunting these two particular bulls your entire hunt?

We are very fortunate to be able to hunt as much as we do. Both of us have good jobs that give us a decent amount of paid vacation, and awesome wives who really make it possible for us to follow our passion. We did hunt those two bulls for most of the season. My brother spotted my bull opening day, and we spotted his a few days into the hunt. It took a lot of failed attempts before the bulls finally made fatal mistakes.

After spotting the bull Justin killed opening day that was the bull I wanted to kill the whole hunt. We hunted the area it was in a lot but for most of the hunt the closest we got to it was about 80 yards opening day. The first day we saw the bull I killed we were trying to close in on my bull at last light and Justin spots his bull on an adjacent ridge with some cows. It was all I could do not to drop in and go up the other side after it even though we were only a few hundred yards from my bull. I wanted that bull very badly lol.

It was a good hunt and it wouldn't have been as successful without Justin and our buddy Rob.

Thanks everyone!

We are very fortunate to be able to hunt as much as we do. Both of us have good jobs that give us a decent amount of paid vacation, and awesome wives who really make it possible for us to follow our passion. We did hunt those two bulls for most of the season. My brother spotted my bull opening day, and we spotted his a few days into the hunt. It took a lot of failed attempts before the bulls finally made fatal mistakes.

After spotting the bull Justin killed opening day that was the bull I wanted to kill the whole hunt. We hunted the area it was in a lot but for most of the hunt the closest we got to it was about 80 yards opening day. The first day we saw the bull I killed we were trying to close in on my bull at last light and Justin spots his bull on an adjacent ridge with some cows. It was all I could do not to drop in and go up the other side after it even though we were only a few hundred yards from my bull. I wanted that bull very badly lol.

It was a good hunt and it wouldn't have been as successful without Justin and our buddy Rob.

That is most impressive! Kudos for eyeing the prize and sticking it out, 20 days is a long time. You guys are blessed. On a side note...from your pics I could barely tell you are related :). Congratulations again.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS

Its John, (camped by you guys for a couple days with my uncle) ;]

Awesome pics
Way to get it done on a TOUGH Hunt and tough year with the fires and closures
freaking awesome
It was great to meet you guys,
Dream hunt for sure
Now a taxi bill !!!!!

Good job, way to work hard and get it done :)

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
John,

It was great to meet you as well. We will definitely have to get together for a hunt in the future. Sure was a bummer that Romey didn't end up getting a bull. He had a couple close calls though at least.

It was a super tough year for that tag. As far as I know, out of the 5 or so guys who kept their tags, Branden and I were the only two who were successful. It's too bad since some of the guys had 20 points or more.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter and I are headed to deer camp!

a8cbffc00dc035a1898673237b9feaea.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations to your daughter and you ! Great to see young women out hunting.

Thanks Shrek! She didn't actually hunt, just tagged along for the fun. She says she wants to shoot her own deer next year though!

Shrek

WKR
Still great that she's out in the outdoors hunting with dad. I sure hope she can get her own next fall. I think it's really important that young people eat what they kill at least once even if they don't stick with hunting. Having a real understanding of the circle of life and not the Disney version is important.

AZ Vince

WKR
Still great that she's out in the outdoors hunting with dad. I sure hope she can get her own next fall. I think it's really important that young people eat what they kill at least once even if they don't stick with hunting. Having a real understanding of the circle of life and not the Disney version is important.
I agree.
Well said Shrekman.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
It was an absolute blessing to share this hunt with my daughter. Even though the buck is small, this is one of my favorite hunts ever.

1%20Me%20and%20Alissa_zps2seno6mt.jpg

1%20Me%20and%20Alissa%202_zpsvgcolnkb.jpg

The crew.

1%20crew%20with%20buck_zpss6pxvqmf.jpg

An easy pack out is awesome once in a while!

1%20Alissa%20with%20side%20by%20side_zpslhu5vboa.jpg

mt100gr.

WKR
^^^Indeed. Very cool.

I have 2 daughters myself and very much hope to some day build memories like that.