2019 CA X4 Blacktail

Gkohl

FNG
Here's our X4 bucks..
Any pointers on areas to check out? My brother has a tag and I am headed up with him again next week. We have been scouting/hunting west side of the zone and have seen a couple small bucks, but not much. Hoping the college weather next week will get the moving

OP
Moserkr

Moserkr

WKR
Any pointers on areas to check out? My brother has a tag and I am headed up with him again next week. We have been scouting/hunting west side of the zone and have seen a couple small bucks, but not much. Hoping the college weather next week will get the moving
I hunted the West side of the zone and was disappointed with deer numbers but there are some there. Mix of blacktails and muleys but more blacktail. Id look East more. I hear the logging properties, which are probably closed, hold the big muleys. Dont discount the flat shrub country either. Good luck. I wouldnt even send you to where I hunted, it was not worth the trouble. If I didnt shoot that buck that day I was going to head east for the last week of the season.

Gkohl

FNG
I hunted the West side of the zone and was disappointed with deer numbers but there are some there. Mix of blacktails and muleys but more blacktail. Id look East more. I hear the logging properties, which are probably closed, hold the big muleys. Dont discount the flat shrub country either. Good luck. I wouldnt even send you to where I hunted, it was not worth the trouble. If I didnt shoot that buck that day I was going to head east for the last week of the season.
Appreciate the info!

ACM1365

FNG
I was fortunate enough to get a decent 3x3 on the east side of the zone by the lake. Didn’t see anything for the first three days and everyone I ran into hadn’t seen any bucks. Seemed pretty slow up there. I stuck to the areas around the lake and then would take half day trips out further.

Saw a guy skinning a smaller buck on a road on the west side of lake but that side was pretty traveled and we didn’t see anything.

Don’t drive around Cassel unless you want to get sad watching some big bucks walking on private property.

Spoke with some old guys hunting x5b and they were seeing some monster bucks up their side.

good luck.