2019 Fall Bear Success Thread

My success was a little different than what some might consider successful. This was my first year bear hunting. Ive been applying for a Michigan bear tag for three years and got drawn. The place I wanted to hunt was a wilderness area that required a 2 mile hike in. Baiting was a bear, pun intended, with all the hiking. I got in pretty good shape by the end of summer. I was only able to hunt opening week because of a long scheduled surgery.
Opening day was cool and rainy. I sat in my blind all day from before light and about 10 minutes before last legal light a bear came in. I was hunting with my Freedom arms 454. Several good shots presented themselves at about 25 yards. I sat in awe of the little boar as he ate some marshmallows. He was just a little too small for me on opening day. As dark fell, I stood up and watched him run off. I never saw another bear.
Now I am sitting here recovering from shoulder surgery. The memory of watching that bear brings a smile to my face. And knowing that I was able to outsmart a bear is vindicating. Now I have the bear hunting bug. Thinking about an Ontario hunt next.