2020 Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I wondered about shooting in my yard just to be in for the prizes but felt that wasn't really the spirit of the competition, I'm glad you clarified it. I think you should highlight that in the main rules so people don't just get in for the prizes.

It's a bit of a trip to the range just for one arrow but man the spotter is enticing.

Thanks for the great competition.

Hey man, I jumped into the rules and made that clarification. See screenshot. Does that do it?
20d3126e03ac63bebe76a0edbcb1566b.jpg

Also, we’ve had quite a few
guys drive to the range five times to to get in this challenge the last three years (remember it doesn’t have to be five days in a row). It’s a for-real challenge but I guarantee if you can make it happen, you’ll be a better archer for it.

Even though we limited it to 200 shooters, that’ll take a while to hit that if we even do, so it’s not like you gotta be in on day one, unless they surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
Hey man, I jumped into the rules and made that clarification. See screenshot. Does that do it?
20d3126e03ac63bebe76a0edbcb1566b.jpg

Also, we’ve had quite a few
guys drive to the range five times to to get in this challenge the last three years (remember it doesn’t have to be five days in a row). It’s a for-real challenge but I guarantee if you can make it happen, you’ll be a better archer for it.

Even though we limited it to 200 shooters, that’ll take a while to hit that if we even do, so it’s not like you gotta be in on day one, unless they surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, that makes it clear. Thanks for putting in the work to make these things happen.

Fatcamp

WKR
And I have a sad/embarrassing tale to tell. At least at this point it doesn't bother me quite as much.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
45 off my knees, same as last year. That seems a reasonable option for both distance and sneakiness.
good reminder for all of us---switch up your positions, wear your pack, take it off, etc.

And man, you gotta quit teasing us on this "story to tell". We're all ears and eyes, post it up!!! C'mon!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
@robby denning .. The way i'm reading this, the first 200 ppl to start the challenge are in, not the first 200 to finish???
Yes after 200 people sign up the cold bow challenge, it will close for those who can draw prizes. After that members can still join the fun, shoot to see thier true MER, and post up thier results but won't be entered in any drawings for the prizes.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
I'm in this year! Fortunate to be able to shoot in my driveway!

Have some mech heads that I think I'll shoot even!

Cheers!