2020 Has Been A Real $#!T Sandwich

007hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I deleted social media and it’s been fantastic. I highly recommend everyone delete that massive waste of time.

Rob5589

WKR
Well, it ain't over yet, so...

Both wife and I are medical, so definitely thankful that we didn't experience any job lay offs.
Hanging out with the fam a lot more has been good.
Distance learning is sucking, badly.
Still able to hunt, which is awesome.
Missed some vacations with family which sucked.
Hate the media/social media more than ever.

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
Everyone is healthy, we have enough money to pay the bills and keep food on the table. Can't ask for more.

Plenty of cool little things this year, but that's what really matters.

manitou1

WKR
Drawn for two pronghorn tags and a mule deer tag.
Started the build on our new home in Wyoming. Moving the wife out the end of September when I go to hunt. She has to start her new job. I have to wait until March 1st to retire, then I am outta here and won't miss the midwest humidity, ticks and chiggers, or the abundant meth heads in our area.
Will retire 22 days short of 35 years military. I am tired! lol.

Pandemic and closures have definitely caused a lot of issues but overall, 2020 has had many positives.

Lots of time with my two kids, 9 and 5.
Lots of time with my wife, which was important because our marriage was struggling but now its better than ever.
We have been on more camping trips this year than ever.
My job (nurse) has had plenty of hours, so I have taken advantage of that and used the extra money to pay off vehicles and get way ahead on my mortgage.
Going elk hunting in October with my Dad.
Several house projects completed that I have put off for years.

Broomd

WKR
2020 is not over yet and the shit sandwich may be just the first course. Myself, I am used to making the best of things...this year has been a challenge in some ways thou.
Well said, Zap.
Wife and I have been doing what we've always done, coping and moving forward.
Doing some stock trading this year, about the only thing different.

CorbLand

WKR
2020 is not over yet and the shit sandwich may be just the first course. Myself, I am used to making the best of things...this year has been a challenge in some ways thou.
If this aint the truth. 2021 could be a shit sandwich without the bread and piss for an appetizer.

Got a new job making more money and increased stability which is nice.
Wife finished school and just found out this week she will be starting her internship.
Paid down a lot of debt and am on pace to be debt free in 2 years minus a mortgage.
Been able to save a good amount for a down payment on a house. Just hoping prices will come down in the next 6 months.

Oregonboy

WKR
Had a son in May
Got a new job that I really like in June
Got permission from the new job to go remote in 6 months so I can finally move out of a metro area and into the small town my wife and I have always dreamed of, which means I get to raise my kids in the mountains instead of an urban area.
I had 2.5 months off to be at home with my daughter (2.5) and wife when she was pregnant with our son, which was a magical time for the 3 of us.
Paid off my revolving debt

satchamo

WKR
Overall it’s still been a hard year. I’m mentally exhausted from parenting and working full time. And I’m tired of all the discourse in our country. And I’m tired of the tragedies this pandemic is caused.

But despite that - there has been plenty of positives and I really appreciate reading every one else’s sentiments. Misery loves company!

I have been (fortunately)working from home since March. I’ve spent a ton of time focusing on my family and less (shhh) on work.

I was able to take my first gobbler in my home state on national forest and also a bird on the family farm in IL

I covered tons of miles with my son on my back finding sheds and we had a great year (for us) and found 13

Just bought a new house and am trying to sell ours currently.

Heading to Wyoming for an elk hunt in 2 weeks. My first hunt out of OTC Colorado so I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Got permission on some local urban ground a few miles from my house for whitetail. So for the first time in my life I can go on “quick hunts” as I’m used to the hour+ drive to our farms in Illinois

had a kid and about to close on this refinance. hunting has sucked though. they cancelled our state hunts and when I did get to hunt everyone's unemployed so the pressure has never been worse

MeatBuck

WKR
Baby girl born healthy on Father’s Day.
Son (12) killed first longbeard and first buck.
I got into reloading and sons buck was killed with load I worked up.
Been hunting a couple times a week since deer season opened.
Freezers still fat and happy.
Hoping for more to add to positive list.

boom

WKR
i quit chewing on my fingernails.

and i restarted BASS FISHING!!

boom

WKR
2020 was (IS) nuts. we had wildfires as well. imagine living in a crowded evacuation shelter with Covid lurking. yikes.

the wildfires burned up a bunch of our retaining walls. i am making hand over fist - money. unlimited OT.

wife is a Covid nurse...unlimited OT. in that department, we are both blessed.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
Jumped on cheap airfare to Alaska. Fly fished all the popular Park's Highway streams and encountered only one other guy on the water.