OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Week 7 Day 4:

“Mindsplitter” again.

Went up weights, but it kicked my ass.

Glad to be moving on from this one next week.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Week 8 Day 1:

Heavier weights and lower reps for squats/ incline bench.

New exercises for the rest of the sets this week.

I felt great today.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Week 8 Day 2:

“The bear”

Rounds of 500m rows with KB swings and goblet squats...

Also 30 burpees thrown in for good measure.

It was a ... bear.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been off of the post program for about a week due to some work things. I’ll be away from our home gym for the next month or so. With that, I thought it’d be a great time to start their 30-30 body weight program. Looks like the first day will be their famous 22’s workout. Will get started with that tomorrow and keep it all in this same thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about not posting a few days last week, but I got the workouts done.

Now today...

Week 9 Day 1:

Similar to last week and still creeping up on weights for Squat and incline press.

Made it to failure this week.

Last week was challenging enough that I was still sore this morning.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Week 9 Day 2:

“The Bear”

Stuck with a 40 lb kettlebell from last week.

Dropped 8 minutes off my time!

Burpees are evil.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Into day 4 of the 30-30 body workouts. I highly recommend this program if you’re just starting to workout. The workouts are more simple than the other programs. For example one day was a 22 minute run and a series of ab exercises. If your on a time crunch and need to keep it simple this is a great program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry I missed a few updates, but I was still on the postseason program until this week.

It would have been week 11, but I am doing my part to follow the Surgeon General and CDC’s guidelines to blunt the spread of The novel Coronavirus.

With that in mind I transitioned to Mtn Tough’s 6 week “30-30” body weight program this week.

So far week 1 days 1 and 2 are in the books.

Day 1 was the 22s, always a Mtn Tough favorite and available free to anybody to see what Mtn Tough is about. Check out there website for more.

Day 2 was a bit of fast outdoor running and some solid core work.

It is definitely less intense than 11 weeks into the post season strength program, but is a perfect companion to the bigger workouts for travel situations or ... you know ... pandemics.

The transition was pretty seamless, and I am confident that I won’t lose any progress while we all go through these strange times, even if my gains won’t be as substantial.

OP
Matt Cashell

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
30-30 Week 1 Day 3: “The Beartooth”

This run-intensive workout was a pretty big change from the postseason program.

I found it pretty difficult, but it is a good one!

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Catching up here.

30-30 Week 2 day 3 is called "the Pill". And it was interesting.

They give you a set number of lunge jumps you have to do in a row and without stopping. 300 in this case.

Then every time you have to stop for any reason/take a break, then you have 2 other exercises you have to complete during the break, then back to as many lunge jumps as you can until you have to take a break. Repeats until you reach 300 lunge jumps. You could say it was a leg day!

Week 2 day 4 is calling for some back/chest and core exercises with some running.

I just purchased the 30-30 program and will be starting it Monday with the “22’s” workout. I’ll still be doing some heavier barbell lifts such as squats, deadlifts and presses but will be cutting back volume on that and using the 30-30 program for conditioning.

my plan after the 30-30 program is to do the new 45-70 pack program. I’ll post my progress and review of the programs throughout. I look forward to using mtn tough programs throughout the year.

Week 1 Day 1 of the MTN Tough 30-30 body weight program.

My goal for this program is to become more efficient with my own body weight. I’ll be adding in low volume strength training prior to my 30-30 workout a few days a week.

started today with a 3X6 back squat at 75%.

then into my 30-30 workout which was a mix of running, jump lunges, jump squats, pushups and renegade rows.

my final time was 38:40. Workout was a lot tougher than it appeared on paper. This workout has given me a good base line and something to approve on.

jmcd22

WKR
Week 1 Day 1 of the MTN Tough 30-30 body weight program.

My goal for this program is to become more efficient with my own body weight. I’ll be adding in low volume strength training prior to my 30-30 workout a few days a week.

started today with a 3X6 back squat at 75%.

then into my 30-30 workout which was a mix of running, jump lunges, jump squats, pushups and renegade rows.

my final time was 38:40. Workout was a lot tougher than it appeared on paper. This workout has given me a good base line and something to approve on.

I'm through week 4 and I am still saying these workouts are tougher than they look on paper! There are some good one in the 30-30 program!

I just completed week 1 of the 30-30 body weight program yesterday with a ruck road March. This was my first ruck I ever did and did it with a #58 pound pack. Definitely tougher than I thought it would be.

week 1 has left me humbled. Although just bodyweight workouts this program will test you mentally and physically.

jmcd22

WKR
I just completed week 1 of the 30-30 body weight program yesterday with a ruck road March. This was my first ruck I ever did and did it with a #58 pound pack. Definitely tougher than I thought it would be.

week 1 has left me humbled. Although just bodyweight workouts this program will test you mentally and physically.

Just wait! I finished W6D3 and I am still humbled...and sore...and exhausted! Such an awesome program.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
After finishing up the 30-30 program and a brief hiatus, I'm back and on day 3 of the Preseason program. I feel like I'm in a good place right now with muscle but I need to amp my cardio up. The Preseason program is a 4 month program, so I don't think I'll be clear through it when season hits but I'll have a solid 3 months under my belt!

I have a Bighorn Sheep hunt, Kodiak Mountain Goat and a number of elk and deer hunts on the calendar for the fall so I'll need to be taking full advantage of the program!

Teaman1

WKR
Would you guys/gals feel prepared for the backcountry if all you did was 2 rounds of 30/30? I’ll be starting it soon and hoping to follow it with 45-70 to get ready for this year

I was actually just on their site. I was debating between the 30-30 and 45-70. Any recommendations? I noticed above people mentioned kettle bells etc. Are these both not zero equipment programs?

zacattack

WKR
I was actually just on their site. I was debating between the 30-30 and 45-70. Any recommendations? I noticed above people mentioned kettle bells etc. Are these both not zero equipment programs?

you need a few things for the 45-70 ( 9 different weighted sandbags, pull-up bar, and maybe something else I can’t remember),don’t think you need anything for the 30-30 except maybe someway to do pull-ups. It’s not a lot, but you will need a few things. They do help you with getting stuff as cheap as possible.