2020 She Said So

CiK01

WKR
d8babedb0806674b9fc60b7c8d76fccf.jpg

So here we are.....halfway to Colorado making the most of a bad 2020. After I lost my job of 22 years because of COVID, I told my wife “maybe we shouldn’t take the trip”. She insisted. After we found out our newborn was going to be born with 1 kidney, I told my wife “maybe we shouldn’t take this trip”. She insisted. After an outpatient surgery left me with a 14cm abscess /infection/incision and a 4 month road to recovery, I told my wife “maybe we shouldn’t take this trip”. She insisted.

So here we are, halfway to Colorado on a 4th season mule deer tag with no expectations. A bad 2020 trumped any semblance of hunt preparation. “We are going to be fine,”, my wife insisted. She is right. No matter how bad 2020 could have been, I am blessed to be halfway to Colorado with the love of my life and our 3 littles.

The only plan I have from today on, is to land in the unit just over the front range, set up shop for her and the kids in the Airbnb, go hike with a rifle everyday and go back to them in the evening. God willing, He blesses me with an opportunity to pull the trigger one time.

Good luck to everybody out there still getting after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yall will have a blast. I wouldn't let the one kidney worry yall too much. I was born with only one. Didn't find out until I ended up in the hospital for three days with food poison. So after 36 years at that time playing contact sports thru school, joining the army and a lot of stupid stuff I've inflicted on my body over the years I'm totally fine for the most part. Enjoy your trip. Let us know how it goes.

manitou1

WKR
Good luck to you guys. Will be fun no matter if you tag out or not. BTW: My dad had one kidney but didn't know it until he was 80! He passed at 84 from un related surgical complications.

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a good time.

Best of luck, be safe, and have fun with your family!

Bljc34

FNG
Good luck on the hunt!
My son was born with only one kidney as well. No major problems, he’s 12 now and plays basketball and soccer! Also loves to hunt and fish! ;)

Jbehredt

WKR
Something tells me you may just kill a stud after powering through all of that to make the trip. Good luck!