2020 sick of all the negativity.

Werty

WKR
I did not reach all of my hunting goals this year! I had a fun time trying too though. Good luck too those that keep pushing forward.

MattB

WKR
I agree. There is lots to complain about this year that I appreciate people looking at the positives.

Celebrated 11 yrs of marriage.
I have 2 healthy children, and I'm healthy, so is the wife.
Went on an elk hunting trip and 3 deer hunting trips with my Dad.
Killed my best public land buck to date.
I have a great job, financially very stable.

Rob5589

WKR
Killed my first elk
Hunted with my daughter
Hung out with my little dude
Got a new dog (pita but he's cool)
Wife and I made it through, hopefully, the worst of the Rona in healthcare healthy
16 year anniversary for the wife and I

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
spent 2020 living in a cabin I rent which is the coolest place I have ever lived in.
Enjoyed being divorced not only from the X, but owning and maintaining a horse farm.
Because of all the free time I now have, my beagles have improved exponentially in running both hare and cottontail
Also have spent more time horseback this year than any other three years combined. And a lot of it was with the beagles watching them run!
Spent an awesome amount of time sleeping in my wall tent or in the horse trailer with beagles and horse sitting around a campfire, cooking over an open fire with a fire grate and cast iron skillet.
My kids are grown up, happy and healthy living great lives.
My job was more challenging this year due to lack of staffing, but IAO! Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. Still a successful year

I did have to cancel a week long horse trip to Tennessee with my girlfriend because of Covid.
Found out the Great Northeast Sportsmans show is cancelled, bummed about that
Yeah, I know....first world problems

Despite Covid, It's been a good year for me

Squincher

WKR
spent 2020 living in a cabin I rent which is the coolest place I have ever lived in.
Enjoyed being divorced not only from the X, but owning and maintaining a horse farm.
Because of all the free time I now have, my beagles have improved exponentially in running both hare and cottontail
Also have spent more time horseback this year than any other three years combined. And a lot of it was with the beagles watching them run!
Spent an awesome amount of time sleeping in my wall tent or in the horse trailer with beagles and horse sitting around a campfire, cooking over an open fire with a fire grate and cast iron skillet.
My kids are grown up, happy and healthy living great lives.
My job was more challenging this year due to lack of staffing, but IAO! Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. Still a successful year

I did have to cancel a week long horse trip to Tennessee with my girlfriend because of Covid.
Found out the Great Northeast Sportsmans show is cancelled, bummed about that
Yeah, I know....first world problems

Despite Covid, It's been a good year for me

Didn't learn to stay away from horse girls the first time? 2021 may not be looking up for you either, my friend.

JasonWi

WKR
Overall 2020 hasn't been a bad year. Certainly some challenges.

Moved in together with my longtime girlfriend in May. Paid off all my debt in October. Started saving a lot more money. My grown boys are both healthy and doing well in their careers.

Hunted quite a bit, started with archery Antelope in NV in August, Oregon archery elk in September, Wyoming antelope (rifle) /Yellowstone park trip in October, then finished with a blacktail deer ML hunt here in Oregon in November (killed my biggest buck)

No complaints.... ever. If something isn't right, change it.

My worst day is still someone else's best day or dream. I get to go to work.

Peteyur

FNG
Still sucking air and able to live another day!!!!
Things will change soon.......And when things are going crappy I am grateful for that, when things are going great I remember to stay in the moment as long as I can and enjoy the mountain tops cause I know the valleys are coming.

peterk123

WKR
The silver lining with all of this BS was my wife and I were forced to have more downtime. As a result we were given an opportunity to experience what retirement could be like. We got to spend much more time together and got back to the basics. Lots of short hikes. Much more cooking, preserving and canning foods. Got into composting and creating a vegetable garden. Make three loaves of bread every week. Shot two deer, so the freezer is full. Cured my own bacon, corned beef and pastrami. Realized I hate working and it is time to change. Live in Massachusetts but purchased a small townhouse in Livingston MT. Sold off a bunch of useless crap from around the house. Those funds were set aside to purchase some alpine touring gear for when we are in Livingston. Was reloading like a madman until I could not get primers anymore. Well, you guys get it. I just have no time to work anymore.

Most importantly, we are in our mid fifties and we have decided to retire, worst case retire with a part time job so I can pay for my health insurance and income taxes. Don't even get me started on that.

Peteyur

FNG
Just before Covid hit I have been going through a study called the Genesis process. Dealing with a bunch of anxiety that I used to have. And fear. This could not have come at a better time for me to be able to practice some of the new things I’ve learned through that study. Instead of Covid slamming fear into my personal world it has help to reinforce that I am truly not in control of much of anything. And that is OK. It is actually helped to get rid of a bunch of useless crap in my life and started focusing on things that really matter which is God, family and people.

DavePwns

WKR
Gratitude and thankfulness go a long way, good on you for having a positive outlook. My college football coach Swider always told us "If you are starting to feel sorry for yourself, get off the couch and go help someone else in need, stop complaining and start helping"

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Similar to the OP, yesterday was my last day in COVID isolation. The positive test result was my 50th birthday present. Still thankful that this was milder than any flu I can remember. I'm getting the hell out and shooting my bow this afternoon.

In August I shot my first velvet mule deer in AZ with a bow. That night I had a dream about my dad who'd passed on a month earlier and cried half of the next day.

Earlier this month I killed my first AZ bull elk after 3 seasons and 38 days in the field. Amazing hunt, this one was dedicated to a hunting friend who unexpectedly passed in May at 30 years old.

Looking very forward to being with friends and family for New Year's.

ps to the OP, check out the new Scheels in EP, it's 10 times better than any Cabelas.

TheCougar

WKR
Lots of stuff to complain about, none of it outweighs everyone in our family being happy and healthy. Freezer is full, kids are happy, marriage is strong, and we have everything we need. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!