It's back! Six years running and just getting better! Kifaru has put up another $750 Credit in the Kifaru Store (just think!).
And new this year, Iron Will Outfitters is in with 2nd place prize for either their K1 Ultralight Hunting Knife or Iron Will K2 Ultralight Skinning Knife (both come in under 1.1 ozs, K2 shown)
Some serious rewards for taking a great photo of your bull. Rules are listed below, but first check out the winning images from 2020:
And @jr8fish (this guy has won or placed many years!)
Ya, that's right, Roksliders like to put heavy things on their backs and take great pics--what's the problem?
Check out all the finalists here so you know what we're looking for.
This is NOT a biggest bull contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:
1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.
2) Composition- by that I mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunters head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the bull, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)
3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal. (Got a problem with that? Home Depot sells sand by the bag.)
4) Must be a photo of a bull harvested fair chase in 2021 (or after December 10th of 2020--you must be able to prove date of harvest)
5) Between archery season and December 10th, post up your best harvest photo on this thread
6) Must be a Rokslide member to enter your photo. One photo per bull only. If you harvest multiple bulls, you can enter one photo for each (lucky dog, you!)
7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and Kifaru use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation
8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.
Good luck ladies and gents!