2021 Gardens

AZ8

WKR
Yeah, still snowing here too lol.
Our currently unused home office is full of starts for 6 weeks now.
We just do a bucket garden on our deck and at this rate I figure I'll get them on the deck around June and then lose everything in an august frost event....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yup. Short growing season here...about 105 days. Have to start indoors, otherwise, we’d never get any appreciable harvest. First frost comes around the second week of September. Sometimes even earlier, so tomatoes need to be ready to harvest in August.

Tradchef

WKR
This will be my first season in about 25 years I’m going to miss the spring/summer. My landlord is moving back from CA to sell the farm I rent. I’m hoping I get my late summer/fall crop in otherwise I’ll just buy from my farm partners and can with that stuff. Totally bummed thats for sure!!!!

jlh42581

WKR
Its way too early here still. hit 27 last night with frost, im still pulling annual flowers in my garage

I go to the greenhouse and women hear me talking about my landscaping and they look like this :O . One lady saturday heard me say "im back for the third time because I still dont have enough annuals" and she said WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

HA

Ill prob get the actual small garden going here Memorial Day

jlh42581

WKR
Speaking of canning, think we are going to have another fun time getting lids?

Spinach, lettuce, snow peas and snap peas have all popped up. Still moving the squashes and peppers inside and out for the night. Hoping to put them in later this week.

Most of my starts are sprouted and have their first set of true leaves. Hardening them off now, but waiting to mid May to plant them out.

I'll spray the weeds later this week, prep the beds the following week after the bindweed is dead.

Tod osier

WKR
Wife does all the heavy lifting.

60 feet of peas.
NKo5srD.jpg

cole crops out under plastic.
1OFQQSh.jpg

Lot of early stuff to go in ASAP

We’re putting in peppers, basil, tomatoes, dill, thyme, chives, and assorted flowers.

Last year we finally got the garden set. Well plant in the next week. Pulled out weeds and put down some pre emerge
0ab3837a25f48a1f730eea972359f664.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlh42581

WKR
Was at one of the greenhouses here yesterday. I can buy shoulder height tomato plants with tomatoes on them already.... insane. I dont even wanna know the price, didnt ask dont care.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
We're a mothers day planting family too. generally all the flowers and garden stuff goes in that day. We're busy rending asparagus right now after covering it at night for a few days last week. This is our second year with it, so no major harvest and we only put in 12 crowns last year. Neighbor up the road grows 15 acres of asparagus for restaurants, so we never lack.

Aginor

Lil-Rokslider
3aab9b012e06b807f35971fc4a700332.jpg

We just got most of ours in this weekend. Snow peas, green beans, arugula, spinach, lettuce, broccoli, cucumbers, pumpkins, two beds of strawberries, basil, chives, mustard, mint, oregano, rosemary, scallions. Saving two beds for habaneros and bell peppers. Another two beds for tomatoes. Rhubarb is blooming. Three apple trees, two pear trees and a peach tree. Planted three new raspberries this weekend. You can see the blackberries lining our entire property. And then my blueberry bushes out front.

ISU17

FNG
Do indoor gardens count?😅 Put together a small herb garden in my apartment last year (Sage, basil, Rosemary, mint) but am looking to try some actual vegetables this year. Any suggestions on what would grow well in a 4'x1'x1' (LxWxD) trough with a large West facing window?

Quail coop cleaned and waste moved to composter.

Onions, beets, radishes are in the ground as of last Sunday.

Started several varieties of squash/beans and couple of tomato plants in seed starter on Monday.

We have 3 raised 2'x2'x8' raised beds and a few containers to spread plants out in the backyard.

Elk97

WKR
Peas are about 18" now, spinach and lettuce are doing great in the warmer weather we've had. Tomatoes in the greenhouse are almost 2' high. Looks like we're going to get a huge raspberry crop this year (second year for them) and we've been eating asparagus for a couple of weeks now. We're at sea level (actually about 3') in NW WA.