2021 Hoyt

MattB

WKR
Based on what I have read and heard from a couple of friends in the industry, the 2021 Hoyts are getting really positive reviews. Sounds like they are very quiet and have a nice draw feel.

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Well guys, I went out and shot both the ventum 30 at 28” (top of the short mod) and the ventum 33 at 29” (again, top of mod). Both very quiet and vibration free. Similar to my revolt x, and significantly better than my axius ultra. Back wall is firm-maybe a little more give than the revolt, but close.
Maxing the mods didn’t kill the draw cycle for me, but it did have some stiff points/ “mud in the water” for lack of a better description. The string angle and draw both felt much better for me on the 33.

I then shortened the 33 to 28.5” (still on the short mod) and wow-that draw cycle cleaned right up! Very smooth with no real dump into the valley. The let off mods are sweet, and I ran it at 80%.
The ventum 33 holds great for me, aims extremely well. I have had to relearn my grip for the Hoyt grips (coming from the flatter Bowtech clutch grip), but for me, a little thumb pressure gives me the best results.
Speed: ok, so I only chronograph the ventum 33 with it at 28.5” on the short mod. With my 520 grain arrow....273 FPS.

now the proud owner of a ventum 33 in buckskin 😁
I’ll continue playing with it over the coming weeks, and keep y’all posted on how she does!

(that little bow dongle they include does seem to work-shot out to 60 yards today and the hold/pin float is incredible with that little thing. I’m sure I’ll compare it to a longer stabilizer in the same location soon)

extremely impressed with Hoyt for 2021. Lemme know if y’all have any questions on the ventum 33/want detailed pics or anything-happy to try and provide feed back

Zac

WKR
Well guys, I went out and shot both the ventum 30 at 28” (top of the short mod) and the ventum 33 at 29” (again, top of mod). Both very quiet and vibration free. Similar to my revolt x, and significantly better than my axius ultra. Back wall is firm-maybe a little more give than the revolt, but close.
Maxing the mods didn’t kill the draw cycle for me, but it did have some stiff points/ “mud in the water” for lack of a better description. The string angle and draw both felt much better for me on the 33.

I then shortened the 33 to 28.5” (still on the short mod) and wow-that draw cycle cleaned right up! Very smooth with no real dump into the valley. The let off mods are sweet, and I ran it at 80%.
The ventum 33 holds great for me, aims extremely well. I have had to relearn my grip for the Hoyt grips (coming from the flatter Bowtech clutch grip), but for me, a little thumb pressure gives me the best results.
Speed: ok, so I only chronograph the ventum 33 with it at 28.5” on the short mod. With my 520 grain arrow....273 FPS.

I’ll continue playing with it over the coming weeks, and keep y’all posted on how she does!

(that little bow dongle they include does seem to work-shot out to 60 yards today and the hold/pin float is incredible with that little thing. I’m sure I’ll compare it to a longer stabilizer in the same location soon)

extremely impressed with Hoyt for 2021. Lemme know if y’all have any questions on the ventum 33/want detailed pics or anything-happy to try and provide feed back
Those speeds sound great to me. I'm still waiting on my shop, but I plan on picking up the RX5 Ultra at 30 inches, or the Ventum 33. I'm gonna compare speeds, hoping the 5 gives me a little better speeds at the top of the shorter mod, versus the 33 with the longer mod. Probably a wash due to brace height though.

db.cannon

FNG
Classified Approved
Those speeds sound great to me. I'm still waiting on my shop, but I plan on picking up the RX5 Ultra at 30 inches, or the Ventum 33. I'm gonna compare speeds, hoping the 5 gives me a little better speeds at the top of the shorter mod, versus the 33 with the longer mod. Probably a wash due to brace height though.
curious to hear what you think about these 2 bows... i'm a 30" draw and deciding whether it's time for an upgrade.

Zac

WKR
curious to hear what you think about these 2 bows... i'm a 30" draw and deciding whether it's time for an upgrade.
I bought the Ventum 33, I'm getting 279 with a 492 grain Axis at 30 inches. Had a bullet hole at the shop with center shot at 3/4. Haven't messed with it much. Moved center out to me 13/16 so I'll do some bare shafting and more intensive paper tuning at 21 feet. Very smooth drawing with little to no valley on 80%.

OP
Hoot

Hoot

WKR
I was able to get my hands on an RX4 Ultra, just waiting on limbs from hoyt.

I usually will not buy a new bow, and I tend to hunt with one bow for 4-5 years before upgrading, that said, I am strongly tempted to sell my centergy and pick up a new Ventum 33. I think the 33 will outshine the rx5 this year.

db.cannon

FNG
Classified Approved
I bought the Ventum 33, I'm getting 279 with a 492 grain Axis at 30 inches. Had a bullet hole at the shop with center shot at 3/4. Haven't messed with it much. Moved center out to me 13/16 so I'll do some bare shafting and more intensive paper tuning at 21 feet. Very smooth drawing with little to no valley on 80%.
thanks, appreciate the info. shooting a similar weight hunting arrow. that's almost annoying how good those specs sound. will have to head down to the shop to shoot one soon.

Zac

WKR
thanks, appreciate the info. shooting a similar weight hunting arrow. that's almost annoying how good those specs sound. will have to head down to the shop to shoot one soon.
The speeds are similar to my VXR. However the draw cycle is world's better. Nicer string angle as well. And the Fuse string is also a pretty solid option. I'll be happy unless I have to tear into that E-clip.

TheTone

WKR
Anyone seeing weird limb tip twisting on theirs? I looked at a couple the other day and to my eye it looked that way on them with no consistency between the different bows I looked at

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone seeing weird limb tip twisting on theirs? I looked at a couple the other day and to my eye it looked that way on them with no consistency between the different bows I looked at
I didn’t notice any twisting on either the ventum 30 or 33 at my shop. There were only those 2 bows though, so not a lot to compare against

Zac

WKR
Mine was throwing stiff tears with the arrows from my VXR. I was afraid to mess with the E-clip to move the shim so I threw on an IW 25 grain collar and got a perfect hole.

Attachments

• 20210128_214916.jpg
    20210128_214916.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 40

N2TRKYS

WKR

I’m liking the speed you’re getting out of yours. Do you know how much drop in speed there is when going to the 85% letoff?

Zac

WKR
Figured I'd share this. Those bareshaft holes differ by 25 grains. Shot both fletched and unfletched with 100 and 125 for a while and I can't tell the difference. Setup was a breeze. Went straight through the Berger and had a slight nock low tear. So I tied a new loop that was just a touch nock high on the level. Then it just started spitting bullets.

Attachments

• 20210131_212249.jpg
    20210131_212249.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 51

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
I’m liking the speed you’re getting out of yours. Do you know how much drop in speed there is when going to the 85% letoff?
I haven’t tested it in the 85% position, but I’d assume the speed difference is negligible. Think I listened to some of the Hoyt engineers who said as much. And on the evolve cams, which use a similar mod foot/draw stop-there’s maybe a 1-2 FPS difference between let off options.

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Figured I'd share this. Those bareshaft holes differ by 25 grains. Shot both fletched and unfletched with 100 and 125 for a while and I can't tell the difference. Setup was a breeze. Went straight through the Berger and had a slight nock low tear. So I tied a new loop that was just a touch nock high on the level. Then it just started spitting bullets.
What arrow length/spine are you running? I’m trying to bareshaft some 28” 260 axis with 175 up front. Gettin close, but still showing a slight nock right at 20 yards. I may call it good and verify with Broadheads, but if it still isn’t playing nice I may have to try some of my 300s and see if those work any better

Zac

WKR
What arrow length/spine are you running? I’m trying to bareshaft some 28” 260 axis with 175 up front. Gettin close, but still showing a slight nock right at 20 yards. I may call it good and verify with Broadheads, but if it still isn’t playing nice I may have to try some of my 300s and see if those work any better
28.5 ctc 300 Axis, 150 up front. Beiter hunter nock. 3 Max Stealth's with a wrap. I'm not sure of your specs but you probably need an 80 lb bow to run the 260.

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
28.5 ctc 300 Axis, 150 up front. Beiter hunter nock. 3 Max Stealth's with a wrap. I'm not sure of your specs but you probably need an 80 lb bow to run the 260.
Right on-I have a bunch of 300s, I’ll mess with them and see what the bow does. 28.5” draw @ 70/71 pounds, so the 260s are almost certainly overkill

Zac

WKR
Right on-I have a bunch of 300s, I’ll mess with them and see what the bow does. 28.5” draw @ 70/71 pounds, so the 260s are almost certainly overkill
I would say, especially since your pulling under 30 inches.