2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
What are you guys going to use for a target size for elk? I'm going to step out of my comfort zone for this lol

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just updated the thread with another $1K in prizes, from onX and SKRE!

damxam

Lil-Rokslider
Looking forward to this, will be third year attempting at 75y. Last two years were marginal but acceptable at that distance, maybe I should try a little further to drive home my flaws... idk. Feeing good shooting but need little more practice. Turkey season starts few days ahead of CBC so all the more reason. See you all on the 17th

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in this year. I will be shooting the vital insert area on the Rinehart 1/3 scale Elk or my GlenDel buck. I will set my MER at 70 yards because I missed a monster buck at 70 last year because of a stupid mistake. I did end up killing a buck the next day at 62 yards so I almost redeemed myself. lol. I hunt open sage out west where longer shots are the norm.

I'm planning on it as well. Will be year 2 for me. I struggled at 50 with broadheads last year but I'm thinking I will try 50 again...

chasewild

WKR
I'd like to see what style everyone is shooting as well. Please post up your release type (hinge, tension, punchomatic, etc.) when you shoot!

Gorp2007

WKR
Just my luck, it kicks off the same weekend as TAC this year in Texas. Hopefully it's not full up by Monday afternoon, and thanks again for putting this thing together!

BDRam16

WKR
Been waiting months for this. Thinking 50 but might get spicy and push it back.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just updated prize thread with Pyro Putty/Dual Arc pack, Phone Skope Pack, and Ironwill Broadheads/or Knife.

TX_Diver

WKR
Oooohhhh....

I have to start on the 17th to finish by the Turkey season opener (which would be my last day).

I think I can do it though!

KyleSS

Lil-Rokslider
This will be my first year shooting the MER challenge and very excited for it
I will be shooting fixed blade broad heads with a MER of 60 yards.
My size will be a 12"X12" square which reflects a kill zone on an elk
Elk are my primary target and I feel very comfortable at 60 yards.
My bull last years was bugling at 61 yards when I shot him, hit him right where I aimed and he was down in a 100 yards
I am going to do it 5 days in a row to simulate being on a hunt.
Rain, shine, snow or wind, I am doing 5 days in a row.
We don't get to pick the conditions in which we hunt

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to do it 5 days in a row to simulate being on a hunt.
Rain, shine, snow or wind, I am doing 5 days in a row.
We don't get to pick the conditions in which we hunt
the best way to do it! As there's usually a crap day in there. That's why I only had 4 arrows out of five in the vitals last year, wind got me. But glad I shot as I now know that when's it's that windy, I gotta get closer or not shoot.

and then there was @Bill V last year shooting in several feet of snow for the CBC. If I remember, he still nailed it.

This sounds like a cool challenge. I'm new to this website but my dad posts things here regularly. I'll probably be starting archery hunting this year.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
This sounds like a cool challenge. I'm new to this website but my dad posts things here regularly. I'll probably be starting archery hunting this year.

This challenge is great for new archers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk