2022 Alaska Draw results

Racer00

FNG
Just stumbled on this thread. My nephew and I drew Musk Ox DX003. Beyond excited. Let the planning begin. Anyone on here with any help or info, please feel free to message me. Namely which transporter to use, first of all. TIA
Jody

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 buddies that both drew DE717 Afognak Elk. Looks like a lot of rain, cold, bear paranoia, and pain in my pack mule future. I can't wait.

Also, If anyone has tips, tricks, or useful info on this hunt feel free to PM me

I have 2 buddies that both drew DE717 Afognak Elk. Looks like a lot of rain, cold, bear paranoia, and pain in my pack mule future. I can't wait.

Also, If anyone has tips, tricks, or useful info on this hunt feel free to PM me
Cold, wet, bears and hurting back is right!!! We deer hunted Afognak a couple years ago. Packing a deer out of there wasn’t fun. Couldn’t imagine an elk!!!

But it’s an awesome place.

I drew DM771, any bull moose in 20a and my wife drew an awesome caribou tag DC827 for the same area. We are going to look for a nice bull for hers. Hopefully I’ll have some good pics to share next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey there, I drew DM 771 this year, could I chat with you on how you got out there and how you did?
Cheers

I drew the archery sheep tag, 2nd season. If anyone has any advice I’m all ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
I've hunted that tag 4 times in 3 different areas, and it is for sure my favorite part of the island to hunt goats. That's a great tag, congratulations! You should purchase a deer tag or two while you're there.
I'll do that, thank you! I've primarily hunted in AZ, NM and Mexico for coues, muleys and elk so this is going to be quite a different experience.

JBrown1

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t pay attention to the date the results are supposed to become available because I know that I’m going to be miserable when I see all those boxes marked “no”, so I just now checked:

Notoriously unlucky me: nothing...

My “golden child” 13 year old daughter: DS203!

I have never drawn any premium tag. In fact I moved to Alaska to get away from that crap.

Yeah, I know that area is down, but I’m still excited as heck!

I don’t pay attention to the date the results are supposed to become available because I know that I’m going to be miserable when I see all those boxes marked “no”, so I just now checked:

Notoriously unlucky me: nothing...

My “golden child” 13 year old daughter: DS203!

I have never drawn any premium tag. In fact I moved to Alaska to get away from that crap.

Yeah, I know that area is down, but I’m still excited as heck!
My "golden child" drew that tag back in 2018 when he was 14, then he got lucky again, and killed his first sheep.

AkRyan

WKR
My crew drew 3 dm167 Cordova tags out of the 8 offered...I almost feel guilty. Wife and her friend drew the archery any moose up north but can't remember the tag number.

Just a tip to folks that don't have any luck. I recommend putting in all 6 chances on 1 hunt to raise your odds. We draw 2 tags a year between 5 of us doing this.

Bob Skala

FNG
Anybody have hunt notes for DS 132? This is the area to include parts of Eagle River, Peters Creek and Eklutna valleys. Thank you in advance for your advice! I've watched YT for videos on access, I see at least a couple of trailheads to access Eklutna, Peters Creek and Eagle River. Wondering where people are finding the animals concentrated and whether or not they have points of access to these areas.

Cheers,

Bob

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have hunt notes for DS 132? This is the area to include parts of Eagle River, Peters Creek and Eklutna valleys. Thank you in advance for your advice! I've watched YT for videos on access, I see at least a couple of trailheads to access Eklutna, Peters Creek and Eagle River. Wondering where people are finding the animals concentrated and whether or not they have points of access to these areas.

Cheers,

Bob
I hope you find your information, but you are asking for alot of Intel. I wish you the best.

Htm84

WKR

Cheers,

Bob
Access for that has gotta be one of the easiest in the state. There’s sheep in a lot of that country. I’m not sure what part of the state your in now but those areas have lots of access points. It’s steep gnarly country for sure.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob, I don't think anyone is going to give you any freebies on this one. Giving up where to go or how to go sheep hunting info that stays on the internet for the next 100 years or more is something that most people don't want to do.

If I had drawn that tag, I would contact a couple of air taxis in Palmer or Wasilla and pay to burn some avgas on aerial recon throughout the summer to get a better idea of where to go and terrain accessibility. Follow that up with burning some boot leather to figure out some primary, and alternate ingress routes and then plan to be out a few days before the season opened.

Good Luck