2022 Bows

The 2021 RX5 Ultra was a nice drawing bow. Have yet to try the RX7 Ultra, but will. Anyone else hearing about "Hoyt Production issues" I've seen some wait times that were horrendous, staffing issues, etc. The last thing one wants is to buy a bow that is the equivalent to Detroit cars.

TheTone

WKR
The 2021 RX5 Ultra was a nice drawing bow. Have yet to try the RX7 Ultra, but will. Anyone else hearing about "Hoyt Production issues" I've seen some wait times that were horrendous, staffing issues, etc. The last thing one wants is to buy a bow that is the equivalent to Detroit cars.
My closest shop didn’t get a single 2021 model until August, they had 3 on the rack last week and now 2022’s are already released. I’m sure they’re re thrilled. They sold a ton of v3’s and I’m sure it was easy to do when they didn’t have anyone able to buy a hoyt from them

Marble

WKR
I may do a Ventum 33 Pro. We will see. I don't like my current bow but it hurts my elbows when I shoot daily.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

3forks

WKR
I’ve spent some time with an RX7 Ultra, and I wanted to not like it, but it’s impressive.

I’ve never been a Hoyt guy, and the price of the RX7 makes me gag, but the bow has a very smooth and linear draw cycle, the grip is fantastic, it holds extremely well, and is quiet and vibration free as any Mathews.

The RX7 is not fast, but a 70 pound bow with 31” draw and a 500 grain arrow was chrono’d at 278 FPS.

I shot the Ventum 33 and it’s great as well. I hate to say it, but I could feel there was enough difference in the RX7 over the Ventum for me to consider it.

Overall, the shot experience of the RX7 is what you’re going to be paying for, not necessarily the weight reduction.

I'd be curious to see if the riser is any stiffer.

I'm of the opinion that until someone makes a bridged carbon riser, I'm not considering them. They just deflect too much in the bow press for me, I'm sure the same thing is happening while in my hand shooting it.

bsnedeker

WKR
To me, there are more benefits than the weight savings which really are mute. But not $550 worth.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
This was my experience testing bows last year as well. I could not care less about the weight savings. Shooting them back-to-back the carbon bow just feels better than the aluminum bow. In my mind it wasn't worth the extra money so I went with the Ventum but I sure was tempted to get the carbon! That bow is nice and I expect it to be the same this year.

3forks

WKR
I know I’m comparing carbon to aluminum, but until I shot the RX7 Ultra, I had been very impressed with the V3X and was comparing all other bows to it.

I will say that RX7 Ultra is quieter, lighter, the grip is significantly better, the draw cycle is smoother, and overall - the shot experience is better.

As for ease of tuning, I have seen 2 go out the door while I was in the shop shooting. Both bows needed no shimming and took two shots each to get bullet holes though paper.

Granted, that’s a low sample size - but the guys setting up the bows are great at what they do, and would use them if I couldn’t tune a bow myself.

Anyway, I had pretty much told myself that I would shoot the Hoyts just to see how they were compared to the V3X, but even if they were slightly better, wouldn’t spend the additional money for a RX7.

Now, I’d have to say that if I decide to order a bow - it would be an RX7 Ultra.

jmez

WKR
RX7 and Ultra are nice. Shot them this afternoon. I'm currently in shooting an RX1. Didn't like the 3 or 5 much. I'm likely getting an Ultra 7. Nice draw, quiet, vibration free, great balance. Hoyt has a winner with that one.

RX7 is nice as well. Draw is noticeably stiffer off the cam than the Ultra, not bad but not worth 10fps as I age.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
RX5 - 4.4#
RX7 - 3.9#
Watching the mfjj YouTube channel it appears that these weights are total BS. The RX7 Ultra weighed 5.2 pounds. That’s almost 1 pound over spec. Heck using The same scale there are flagship aluminum bows with similar ata coming in lighter. Big miss by Hoyt.

TheViking

WKR
Watching the mfjj YouTube channel it appears that these weights are total BS. The RX7 Ultra weighed 5.2 pounds. That’s almost 1 pound over spec. Heck using The same scale there are flagship aluminum bows with similar ata coming in lighter. Big miss by Hoyt.

Same as last year, no surprise.

Hoyts numbers are bullshit. What’s on paper and what’s in real life are completely different.