2022 Mathews V3X ***Updated 2/6/22***

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Seems to be very similar to my Traverse. Can you give me your opinion on how the two actually compare? I love my Traverse but was looking for a backup bow. I’m thinking my Traverse might be my Western bow for longer shots and a 73lb draw weight and consider the V3X with a 60 or 65 draw weight for my whitetail or even mule deer bow. My draw length is 31”. Struggling w the 73lbs in cold weather and shoulders banged up at age 62- but I digress. I would value your opinion on the comparison. I love my Traverse and will only consider a change if it is very similar and slightly better. Thank you in advance.
I don’t have a traverse so take it for what it’s worth, but I have this bow in 65 lb. if it’s timed the draw aint bad. Holds like a rock. If it were me I’d get the 33 as a western bow. Of course that’s what I did 😂

Both are 33’s. I agree with your assessment. Only reason I’ll use Traverse out west is for bigger game since I’m pulling 73lbs and slinging 605gr at 265fps. Great for elk or big game. I’m planning to use this bow for lighter weight draw and lighter arrows. Basically it sound like they are almost identical. I LOVE my Traverse. But reports are the similarities with the V3X being quieter and slightly more accurate. I’m still a Traverse fan and I need a backup. I’m a lefty. Not easy to find in a pinch.
Thank you for your feedback. I’m probably going as low as 60 and high as 65.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Both are 33’s. I agree with your assessment. Only reason I’ll use Traverse out west is for bigger game since I’m pulling 73lbs and slinging 605gr at 265fps. Great for elk or big game. I’m planning to use this bow for lighter weight draw and lighter arrows. Basically it sound like they are almost identical. I LOVE my Traverse. But reports are the similarities with the V3X being quieter and slightly more accurate. I’m still a Traverse fan and I need a backup. I’m a lefty. Not easy to find in a pinch.
Thank you for your feedback. I’m probably going as low as 60 and high as 65.
You must be half monkey if you’re doing 265 on a 605gr arrow at 73lb.

The 33 and Traverse are about identical. I like the longer riser of the 33, and the switch weight. You can use the same bow from 50-75#.

There's no reason not to hunt out west with a 70 or 75# mod and then come home and switch down to a 60 or 65. That's what I have done. Use the same grain per pound arrow year round for practice, tune a heavier setup in July and go out west, then come back and lower your draw weight.

Or just have a Traverse and a 33, tho I'd be apt to make the 33 the western bow as so far it seems easier to get it lighter.

String angles are the same, grips are the same. I think the centered cable guards are easier to tune, but have more issue with clearance.

You must be half monkey if you’re doing 265 on a 605gr arrow at 73lb.
31.5” draw. I’m 6’5”, with bad shoulders now at 62 years old. Payback from college football. Love the heavy arrow setup. Just do not need that much draw weight anymore. Especially for whitetail. Pride is a hard obstacle to swallow.

Ucsdryder

WKR
31.5” draw. I’m 6’5”, with bad shoulders now at 62 years old. Payback from college football. Love the heavy arrow setup. Just do not need that much draw weight anymore. Especially for whitetail. Pride is a hard obstacle to swallow.
#jealous

Mowy33

FNG
Any chance any of you with longer draws have shot both the 33 V3X and the Atlas? Any feedback on how those two compare? I'm a 31.5" draw

Any chance any of you with longer draws have shot both the 33 V3X and the Atlas? Any feedback on how those two compare? I'm a 31.5" draw
Going to shoot the V3X on Friday. 31.5” draw. I’ll let you know. Never shot the Atlas

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve shot both. The atlas is a pretty bad ass big man bow. If you don’t mind how heavy it is it’s a pretty sweet rig. If you just have ape arms and aren’t built like a lineman the v3x might suit you better

I’ve shot both. The atlas is a pretty bad ass big man bow. If you don’t mind how heavy it is it’s a pretty sweet rig. If you just have ape arms and aren’t built like a lineman the v3x might suit you better
Funny! I apparently have ape arms at 31.5 draw and a former lineman; so I’m not sure if a V3X 33 will work. I’m going tomorrow to shoot one. I’ll let you know how it compares to my Traverse.
I’m no longer built like a lineman so I think that’s a good thing. Ha!

The 33 and Traverse are about identical. I like the longer riser of the 33, and the switch weight. You can use the same bow from 50-75#.

There's no reason not to hunt out west with a 70 or 75# mod and then come home and switch down to a 60 or 65. That's what I have done. Use the same grain per pound arrow year round for practice, tune a heavier setup in July and go out west, then come back and lower your draw weight.

Or just have a Traverse and a 33, tho I'd be apt to make the 33 the western bow as so far it seems easier to get it lighter.

String angles are the same, grips are the same. I think the centered cable guards are easier to tune, but have more issue with clearance.
Excellent analysis. Only reason I’ll keep my Traverse as my western setup is that it’s 73lbs and dialed in for long range. The 33 I’m going with 60 or 65lbs and slightly lighter arrow for southern whitetail. BUT, after I get used to it, if I actually like it better, I doubt, then I can adjust as you said. Easier to draw higher weight out there and opposed in a tree stand with deer at 20 yards. Go light draw on those. Can’t change that much on Traverse. It is what it is. V3X 33 is definitely more flexible! Thanks for your insight. Great idea.

Today launches the new Mathews 2022 flagship, the V3X. Hold tight and follow along!

2022 Mathews V3X Review

11d5caadfb009298111282fb6ff08942.jpg
Great review. I recently sold a vxr 31.5. Which i may regret. I've been a Mathews fan for years, shot Hoyt before that. From the LX, to the Outback? To the switchback,(x2 and still have the 07 version) to the monster wake to the 31.5. The whole time enjoying the Switchback more than any other. Had great hopes for the vxr31.5 but alas....a but stacky for my face/relief or eye to anchor issue. Really hoping the 33" a2a will be the twicket!!

Great review. I recently sold a vxr 31.5. Which i may regret. I've been a Mathews fan for years, shot Hoyt before that. From the LX, to the Outback? To the switchback,(x2 and still have the 07 version) to the monster wake to the 31.5. The whole time enjoying the Switchback more than any other. Had great hopes for the vxr31.5 but alas....a but stacky for my face/relief or eye to anchor issue. Really hoping the 33" a2a will be the twicket!!
I’m not as picky as most but still very analytical. The difference in “feel” between bows is minor to me. Others can really tell- I can’t. I absolutely love my Traverse. BUT, when I shot the V3X 33, even I was amazed at the deadness in my hand. Feels so light and I just shoot it so much better. I am definitely keeping my Traverse but it will be a shootout between the two over the summer. Right now the 33 will probably win out. Literally best feeling bow I’ve ever had in my hand. And consistent! I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Especially from a guy that’s not that picky to have made a big impression.

I’m not as picky as most but still very analytical. The difference in “feel” between bows is minor to me. Others can really tell- I can’t. I absolutely love my Traverse. BUT, when I shot the V3X 33, even I was amazed at the deadness in my hand. Feels so light and I just shoot it so much better. I am definitely keeping my Traverse but it will be a shootout between the two over the summer. Right now the 33 will probably win out. Literally best feeling bow I’ve ever had in my hand. And consistent! I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Especially from a guy that’s not that picky to have made a big impression.
Yeah, I can't feel all of the nuances so many trip out over. Maybe when I've shot longer it will be more apparent to me. But the deadness in the hand thing...to me they're all pretty dead, but the bigger thing is no bow is dead in the hand when grip is poor. It's funny to see people talk about "dead in the hand" then see their grip looks like they're worried the bow is going to go flying with the arrow! I'm with you though, if something makes an impression on me, it's a big deal.

Yeah, I can't feel all of the nuances so many trip out over. Maybe when I've shot longer it will be more apparent to me. But the deadness in the hand thing...to me they're all pretty dead, but the bigger thing is no bow is dead in the hand when grip is poor. It's funny to see people talk about "dead in the hand" then see their grip looks like they're worried the bow is going to go flying with the arrow! I'm with you though, if something makes an impression on me, it's a big deal.
This was the first one I shot that actually did feel dead in my hand. Kinda weird feeling so dead. Great balance too. All other feel “still” but different than this. I went in being negative and not getting emotionally excited about getting a new bow. Was hoping I’d be less than impressed and would look for a good used Traverse to back up my current. Save money. I left with the 33. Still love my Traverse, but it’s in danger of not making the travel squad. All in all, really not a huge difference. 33 definitely feels lighter. I like the bridgelock centering my sight weight. Draw differences aren’t huge to me. Both will kill whatever I’m hunting if my arrow placement is accurate. Not enough difference to make a difference- yet. I’d put more attention into the proper arrow and broadheads setup than these two bows. My opinion- what comes into contact with my targeted animal is more important than the difference in these two bows. Biggest flaw in this equation is me! Lol

Just bought a left V3X. Only shot 3 arrows to paper tune in the shop. I walked IN knowing I'd walk out with one.

From the very limited experience there IS ZERO valley from what I am accustom to. Sleep on it a millisecond and it's gone.

First time Mathews guy. Wasn't it Elite's slogan "I made the Switch"??

Shot the 29 vs 33. Was an easy and clear winner in the 33. I am short at 5'8" at best. My DL is a solid 28" in all other bows.

I found the string angle VERY acute on the 29, even at my short DL. And I will plug Dan/Elk Shape, as he was present and strongly recommended I try 1/2" shorter DL. Floored I left with a 27 1/2" mod. But it fits and feels good. D Loop rather short too.

Just passing along my findings.

Shot the 29 vs 33. Was an easy and clear winner in the 33. I am short at 5'8" at best. My DL is a solid 28" in all other bows.

I found the string angle VERY acute on the 29, even at my short DL. And I will plug Dan/Elk Shape, as he was present and strongly recommended I try 1/2" shorter DL. Floored I left with a 27 1/2" mod. But it fits and feels good. D Loop rather short too.

Just passing along my findings.
I did the same. My DL going in from Traverse was 31”. Left with 33 model pulling 30”. Much better feeling. I do believe my DL was a little long but not an inch. I’ve heard these pull a little shorter by 1/2”. Not sure why and do not care. But I am shooting more accurately and definitely fits me better. Went back to my Traverse and dropped it to 30” also. Definitely better. A little too short is definitely better than a little too long. But these feel perfect now.

Just bought a left V3X. Only shot 3 arrows to paper tune in the shop. I walked IN knowing I'd walk out with one.

From the very limited experience there IS ZERO valley from what I am accustom to. Sleep on it a millisecond and it's gone.

First time Mathews guy. Wasn't it Elite's slogan "I made the Switch"??

You can play with that a bit. I'm going to guess you have the 80% mods.

Untwist the string just a bit, or twist the cables once and it will lower the letoff, but open up the valley a little.

Wouldn't hurt to double check that everything is in spec. The only mods from mathews that I feel like are really ready to rip are the 70v on the trx series.