2022 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Do it!

a former staff member on here, Cindy Wamsley, drew her bow in her house to take a draw length measurement.

She punched the trigger, hit the light switch across the room, electrical explosion ensued. She was still in her robe with her daughter’s looking on. “Mom!!!!!!”
Wonder if I could talk the wife into letting do the old apple off her head trick? Hmmmm

KBC

WKR
4/5 at 70. We are putting together an extrem 3D course at my local range over the next few weeks. I might pick a tough shot or 5 from it and do it again this summer. If you are close in BC we are doing a Wednesday night league open to anyone. Thanks!
1651714416214.jpeg

TX_Diver

WKR
First 3 shots after the cold bow challenge with field points from the same distance... 😑
faNhewQl.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
First 3 shots after the cold bow challenge with field points from the same distance... 😑
faNhewQl.jpg
Hey, i checked your post and you shot well enough man. Looks like above group is about where broadheads were before your bumped site down

Thanks for coming out, hope this helps you come fall

@huntnful I deleted your summary post from the CBC thread as it goes here. and that’s a great group for that yardage, with winds, and Cold Bow. I’d be very happy with that! Post that summary up over here if you’d like

huntnful

WKR
Hey, i checked your post and you shot well enough man. Looks like above group is about where broadheads were before your bumped site down

Thanks for coming out, hope this helps you come fall

@huntnful I deleted your summary post from the CBC thread as it goes here. and that’s a great group for that yardage, with winds, and Cold Bow. I’d be very happy with that! Post that summary up over here if you’d like
Thanks for the heads up Robby! My apologies, I understand you wanting to keep that thread clean of clutter for ease of evaluating at the end!

And thank you, that was a fun challenge and I'm looking forward to it next year!!

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the heads up Robby! My apologies, I understand you wanting to keep that thread clean of clutter for ease of evaluating at the end!

And thank you, that was a fun challenge and I'm looking forward to it next year!!

How was it getting those SVER's out of that bag target? Must have been a real PITA............

huntnful

WKR
How was it getting those SVER's out of that bag target? Must have been a real PITA............
It was the easiest you could imagine actually!!

They don't make it past the first layer of fabric! They just hit it and then basically hang just inside the woven plastic of the exterior of the bag. I'm actually going to save this bag for just shooting the SEVR's into because removing field points is actually a PITA because they make it through the fabric and then my iron will collars get hung up on the internal fabric.

huntnful

WKR
Oh, to repost on here. I was post #72 and just finished a 75 yard MER. It was super fun and actually felt a good amount of pressure every time before I drew back.

cjdewese

WKR
Finished up 2 of 5 with 1 close miss, 1 broken arrow and 1 lost arrow... Post 29 if anyone is interested.

Have plenty of work to do with regards to my form and follow-through.

1st time ever shooting at 50 for more than 1 shot, 1st time ever with a broadhead.

Pretty much confirmed what I already knew, that 50 is too far for me for now and I need more time practicing and shooting with my Broadhead this year to feel confident heading into season.

Thanks for putting this on each year. I learn something new every time I do it.

Felton

WKR
The one thing I left out of my post was the window I was shooting through. It doesn’t really bother me. I feel like I’ve been shooting through stuff like that since I picked up a bow. I do believe my broadheads affected my outcome. Makes me want to practice with broadheads more and really dial them in.

11B84D84-5EEF-4B10-819B-D2FA6D92FACA.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Finished up 2 of 5 with 1 close miss, 1 broken arrow and 1 lost arrow... Post 29 if anyone is interested.

Have plenty of work to do with regards to my form and follow-through.

1st time ever shooting at 50 for more than 1 shot, 1st time ever with a broadhead.

Pretty much confirmed what I already knew, that 50 is too far for me for now and I need more time practicing and shooting with my Broadhead this year to feel confident heading into season.

Thanks for putting this on each year. I learn something new every time I do it.

I went and checked out your post. Thanks for sharing all that with us and I’d say just dial it back to 40 and start practicing there. Once you master that add another 5 yards. That’s what I’ve been doing.

Also you mentioned “peeking” after launch and that something I’m still working on to is remembering to just keep aiming until that arrow hits the target. I can I can’t believe what a difference that can make.

And you’re right about shooting on a 3-D target, that is a little harder to pick a spot but it’s such good practice too.

Thanks again man for coming out for this. Good luck in the drawing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
. Makes me want to practice with broadheads more and really dial them in.

View attachment 408305

Yeah that’s what I took away from this starting about five years ago. It almost makes me feel like practicing with field points isn’t even all that effective. I’m sure it is for working on form and all that stuff, but whenever I screw a fixed blade on, they’re just less forgiving.

My field points and my fixed blades have virtually the same point of impact, so once I switched to a matrix target, I just keep a fixed blade in my set and then I’m always shooting them.

*edit. Got thinking after I posted that maybe you should just work on your form with field points for a few hundred arrows. Just might simplify the process and make it a little easier to see what’s going on. Can always go back to broadheads once you get the form down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Had to check things.

20220428_192206.jpg

Seems pretty good, I'll send a broadhead at some point, but still not ready to loose 5 days of shooting.

Decided to change arrows again on my outdoor bow, so need to establish a new tape once it's tuned again.