2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

PvilleMac

FNG
I found out about this challenge last year but was to late to enter. Ive been looking forward to this, thanks for putting it on again.

I'd do it now, then once challenge is over, you're set for hunting season as long you don't blow something up.
I thought exactly the same took advantage of a crappy day and threw the new strings on. After todsy I'll have enough shots on them I can start tuning broadheads

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Backcountry_Preacher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’m excited about this event. It’ll be my first year and what a better way to break in my new bow. I finally bit the bullet and swapped my Mathews VXR 28 for a TRX 38 lol. I know a lot of folks probably thinks that’s a bit silly to hunt with, especially in the back woods, but it gives me a lot of confidence and I love it! I’m still tinkering around with what all I want to set it up with. So far I have it outfitted with the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL sight, Option Archery Quivelizer ( the bow doesn’t have a conventional quiver mount) and considering the hamskea epsilon rest and Easton 4mm axis 430 gr arrows with SEVR broadheads. I know there are those that feel that arrow is light especially for Elk but I’ve ran the numbers and know too many old men who’ve killed plenty elk with far less so I’m going it. Any scrutiny is encouraged haha

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m excited about this event. It’ll be my first year and what a better way to break in my new bow. I finally bit the bullet and swapped my Mathews VXR 28 for a TRX 38 lol. I know a lot of folks probably thinks that’s a bit silly to hunt with, especially in the back woods, but it gives me a lot of confidence and I love it! I’m still tinkering around with what all I want to set it up with. So far I have it outfitted with the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL sight, Option Archery Quivelizer ( the bow doesn’t have a conventional quiver mount) and considering the hamskea epsilon rest and Easton 4mm axis 430 gr arrows with SEVR broadheads. I know there are those that feel that arrow is light especially for Elk but I’ve ran the numbers and know too many old men who’ve killed plenty elk with far less so I’m going it. Any scrutiny is encouraged haha
Welcome to the CBC with the new bow.

NDGuy

WKR
@robby denning

Do I get bonus points for shooting in this shitshow?
cb7fffbf330ff73b8fa8953acf0504a8.jpg

8b51b5666eb4ce173421aba0d4f29a20.jpg

Felton

WKR
This shoot is one of the main reasons I joined. I was a lurker for some time and then I saw the cold bow challenge which got me to join and participate. Thank you for putting it on.

WBrim

WKR
This shoot is one of the main reasons I joined. I was a lurker for some time and then I saw the cold bow challenge which got me to join and participate. Thank you for putting it on.
Same situation here. And it has been a great resource, glad I finally joined.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Prizes starting to roll in:

Iron Will Outfitters always been a big supporter of the CBC (and @Bill V not afraid to shoot in 20” of snow). For 2023:

5E88AEDF-6F90-4871-8CB3-A957A13B97FF.jpeg

6 Pack of Custom Machine Built Arrows, including:
  1. Easton Axis 5mm Arrows precision machine cut and squared to your desired length.
  2. 3° helical machine fletched Iron Will Hybrid Hunter vanes.
  3. AAE IP Nocks for exceptional consistency and great string reaction
  4. Iron Will HIT Inserts, fully installed with epoxy
  5. Impact Collars for a stronger arrow connection and extra front-of-center weight options
  6. Iron Will Field Points, which are design-optimized using fluid dynamic modeling to match broadhead flight characteristics more closely.
OR

6 Pack of Iron Will Broadheads Including Waterproof Broadhead Case

Sea Wolf

Lil-Rokslider
IW set of arrows or broad heads are awesome prizes!

Archery turkey goes on in my area May 1 to May 14. If an arrow flies, can that be the entry for that day?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
IW set of arrows or broad heads are awesome prizes!

Archery turkey goes on in my area May 1 to May 14. If an arrow flies, can that be the entry for that day?
No it can not. If you shoot a turkey you'll need to restart the challenge

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
Can't wait to redeem myself this year. Pick 60 yards as my MER last year and proved it was not realistic. Part of it was me, and part was my strings stretching just enough to change timing. I thought I had put enough shots on them, but that was not the case.

Getting my Hoyt Helix Ultra set up for TN TAC. Once that's done, I'll concentrate on my hunting bow (Hoyt RX3 Ultra) with a new sight, arrows and broadheads for this.