2024 float hunt

KU_Geo

WKR
Heading on a float hunt this year and question about dry bags. What have folks found to be the best setup for a few dry bags? Currently have a 75l yeti panga as my main dry bag for clothing/sleep kit, but wondering about what might be a good day bag size just to keep a few supplies in that I need throughout the day and to use hiking around some.

AKDoc

WKR
Regarding your question about "a good dry bag size...", that answer will vary based on personal preferences and trip specifics, e.g., number of days you're floating, the volume of gear/supplies you want to bring, raft size and weight distribution options, pick-up and drop-off logistics, etc., etc., etc....all of which will answer your question of bag sizes to bring for your float.

A few additional thoughts (from a guy who is admittedly extra cautious :ROFLMAO:)
  • All of my gear that is absolutely needed on the float are in submersible dry bags (not simply dry bags)...only my food (freeze dried stuff) is in a dry bag (roll-top waterproof bag). I have a couple SealLine zippered/submersible bags for gear and clothing (70L and 100L)...my sleeping bag and clothing items are additionally in various waterproof dry bags inside those submersible bags. Flipping a raft can happen...I've flipped mine only once and everything stayed dry and ended well, thankfully.
  • For my electronics, first aid kit, and other gear items that are essential for me, I have a couple of Watershed submersible bags that I bring...and those are totally bomb-proof.
  • NRS straps and carabineers are also on my most valuable gear list for floats...and a couple of contractor bags to use as needed (like my rain soaked tent, so it doesn't get everything else wet that's inside the submersible bag.
The very best to you for a wonderful adventure...float trips up here are my favorite!