2024 Montana spring bear hunt.

Jwwads81

FNG
Hello all. Shooting up to Montana last week of May for our first spring bear hunt. Looking at the Madison range or possibly somewhere along the flathead forrest. This is our first trip up and any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Roads, avoided areas, ect. Really just planning a good backpacking push and a lot of spot and stalk. But still new to big bear country. Used to the Tennessee/georgia mountain country

Hello all. Shooting up to Montana last week of May for our first spring bear hunt. Looking at the Madison range or possibly somewhere along the flathead forrest. This is our first trip up and any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Roads, avoided areas, ect. Really just planning a good backpacking push and a lot of spot and stalk. But still new to big bear country. Used to the Tennessee/georgia mountain country
I’m sending you a message

Good luck, I’m headed to Northern Montana today. First time to try for bears DIY.

Hearing a few units closed already, flipping YouTubers shooting sows. Seriously, you shoot a sow, you sit the bench the next year. Crazy not even Mid May on a June season close and done.

Are you effing kidding me?! They closed 530 before it even opened?! I’m going to lose my shit with guys whacking sows. And to think there’s outfitters in the unit that let guys shoot sows too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's 510, 520, and 700 that are closing early.
d1980f6852f887e897040fe12c833ad9.jpg
f0b98b741654b7ee299f727e7c9ac6dd.jpg

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

I am looking forward to next spring. Planning on taking 14 days off. I am going to Montana or Idaho. Bought a new rifle to take.

Back