2024 New Mexico Draw Results

KHNC

WKR
Wow, i guess its ok to post unit numbers for New Mexico considering nearly nobody can draw them anyway. :oops:

Congrats to those who drew.

Red for me and my boys dang it. Can’t complain too much as I’ve drawn 2 oryx tags as a NR. But I was sure I was going to draw the sheep tag…

COelk89

FNG
Man that should be an awesome hunt! Congrats on the draw

Thanks man! I am pumped. It has turned my season on its head. Burned points on a pronghorn archery tag that I will now be returning because...time...

I was planning to stay home and hunt local and prioritize some friends hunts...all of a sudden mine is the priority. The area is absolutely beautiful and I have been deadset on hunting some sky islands in New Mexico, AZ or TX sooner than later. My grandparents ashes were spread in the mountains I will get to hunt last summer so it will be a little extra special knowing my Grandfather hunted the same area for elk years ago. It seems meant to be that I was selected for my 2nd choice!

COelk89

FNG
Wow, i guess its ok to post unit numbers for New Mexico considering nearly nobody can draw them anyway. :oops:

LOL...I hope I can be living proof that the system works...some times. This is only the 2nd year I have applied for NM Elk. I hope posting my unit does not drop the draw odds to below 1%!...

I put in for a gila elk tag every year. This year i told my outfitter to put me in the toughest unit to draw for mule deer, with the biggest trophys. He put me in for unit 2B and i drew. Seeing alot of discouraging information on this forum. Hoping its really not that bad fingers crossed.

Kopmana

FNG
I put in for a gila elk tag every year. This year i told my outfitter to put me in the toughest unit to draw for mule deer, with the biggest trophys. He put me in for unit 2B and i drew. Seeing alot of discouraging information on this forum. Hoping its really not that bad fingers crossed.
It always works this way, everytime I crunch the draw data, and try for odds I don't draw. But the years I swing for the fence, I draw!
Congrats

TX_Diver

WKR

Crossed my mind too. I don't think it matters for people drawing OIL type stuff but it's easy to come back to these threads in fall and see where people went.

Miahjera

FNG
The wife and I both drew a December rifle elk tags. Somehow I drew this same tag last year with 3% draw odds. Now we both drew. Not sure how that happened...

Hoping for some more of this though. Guess I better start hiking some hills!

Attachments

• IMG_6822 copy.jpg
    IMG_6822 copy.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 50

Miahjera

FNG
"Not sure how that happened..."

*Miahjera sending in his application
View attachment 701228
Hahaha!!! 😂 If only it were that easy. Not that I could afford it anyway… I already told my wife “don’t worry, all that money we spent on applications will be back in our account in no time.” Well, now I have to explain to her why it’s not…

Ucsdryder

WKR
Ok New Mexico. You got me all hot and horny then dropped me like a bag of bricks. Now can I please have my money back. Ok thanks.

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Got an Oryx tag, anyone draw a military only tag that wants to switch? Hahaha I was hoping for Auodad or mule deer

It was for me last year!! Migrating deer didnt get the memo!!! I didnt pay outfitter though. 2B Nov riflr was my 1st choice this year cause I now know the area but I drew 2nd choise and gotta learn again