WTS/WTT 22 Creedmoor Buy/Sell/Trade

Bench_Talk

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey guys this is Joe from Bench Talk, hopefully this is finding you due to being a 22 Creedmoor user/supporter. Wanted to create a thread for guys to follow where they can sell/trade/buy specially 22 Creedmoor products. Please feel free to use this thread and promote it with others, thank you.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0

TIKKA 22 CREED BARREL

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

OP
Bench_Talk

Bench_Talk

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
'Rem 700 Remage 22 Creedmoor barrels'

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I want a new predator rifle. I want it in 22 cm. I am a handloader. I don’t like Fierce’s stocks or reputation. I’ve never held a Horizon. I’d like a Seekins, but would have to go custom shop and I don’t have that kind of cash. I’ve reached out to Karl at Kampfeld Customs in Sandpoint. He built my Tikka 300.

I want to stay around 2k, hopefully under.

When do you think other makers will take it on?

What would you do?

ID_Matt

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So, I want a new predator rifle. I want it in 22 cm. I am a handloader. I don’t like Fierce’s stocks or reputation. I’ve never held a Horizon. I’d like a Seekins, but would have to go custom shop and I don’t have that kind of cash. I’ve reached out to Karl at Kampfeld Customs in Sandpoint. He built my Tikka 300.

What would you do?
Do what i did... buy a tikka 22-250 8 twist. Have a smith rebarrel to 22 creed then put a stock on it. AG composites, manners, stockys. Well under $2k

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what i did... buy a tikka 22-250 8 twist. Have a smith rebarrel to 22 creed then put a stock on it. AG composites, manners, stockys. Well under $2k

Thanks for the advice? Karl is set to go, and excited. Any advised strategies on hunting down parts, or specifics on barrel? Twist rate? Why?

OP
Bench_Talk

Bench_Talk

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

What would you do?
built this for $1500-$1600

ID_Matt

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Thanks for the advice? Karl is set to go, and excited. Any advised strategies on hunting down parts, or specifics on barrel? Twist rate? Why?
You can buy a factory 22-250 tikka and rechambered is to a 22 creed. Just make sure it's an 8 twist. Don't even need an aftermarket barrel unless you really want one. Just a cheaper way of getting a solid gun.

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy a factory 22-250 tikka and rechambered is to a 22 creed. Just make sure it's an 8 twist. Don't even need an aftermarket barrel unless you really want one. Just a cheaper way of getting a solid gun.
Love that!

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a Tikka T3x Lite Black Bolt Action Rifle at Sportsman’s Warehouse. The plan so far is to have Karl bore and spiral flute the barrel. He will also thread the barrel and add a muzzle brake, but the plan is a can in the future. I will have the bolt trued and spiral fluted to match. I’ll test the trigger before deciding on a new spring. It seems to already have an aluminum bolt shroud, and an aluminum trigger guard so I’ll leave those alone. I will add a 5 round Mountain Tactical clip. He will then Cerakote it in matte black, and do the spirals in coyote.

Stock? I’m pondering stock options still, but will definitely be pillar bedding and glass bedding wherever else I can to lock her down nicely.

Rings? Mountain Tactical Raptor? Unknown Munitions? Sako? Other ideas? I’ll be adding a bubble level of some sort and the combo of the Unknown Munitions rings and their bubble level look interesting. Favorites?

Scope? It will primarily be a coyote rifle, so it needs to be quick. I want something that has a BDC or similar reticle, but is also a solid dialer. It will probably be a Leupold made in the USA.

BA33

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the thread! I did a tikka with PVA 18inch mtu and it hammers. I am looking for a 18 inch carbon barrel to lighten it up for hunting. If you know of any let me know or I’ll order one and wait.
Thanks

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It's hard to beat the taperless .750 barrel from preferred barrel blanks. My son's tikka weighs 7lb with scope. We love the .22 Creed
c18080a341b3ad9e3c8639d6917311ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

SloppyJ

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Preferred has some pretty good deals on barreled actions with a carbon 22creed barrel right now. I think they're 20".

@Pheasanthnter1 what is your experience with the preferred barrel? They seem like a good deal at first but when you start adding the fluting, threading...etc they aren't much cheaper than a more high end barrel.

Jsmith410

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I debated this for months and was about to grab a tikka and do the same mentioned above but I was chomping at the bit so I picked up a Vandal X. It had been great so far with factory and 77TMK w/H4350. I shot a .35 moa group at 200 yards last weekend.

Lowhighlander

FNG
Classified Approved
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I picked up a barreled action from preferred and love it. I’m new to reloading but it is shooting under .5 with me being a newb and I can’t shoot 😂

Attachments

• IMG_7583.jpeg
    IMG_7583.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 32

Hammsolo

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I debated this for months and was about to grab a tikka and do the same mentioned above but I was chomping at the bit so I picked up a Vandal X. It had been great so far with factory and 77TMK w/H4350. I shot a .35 moa group at 200 yards last weekend.

Tell us more

ofl0926

WKR
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I picked up a barreled action from preferred and love it. I’m new to reloading but it is shooting under .5 with me being a newb and I can’t shoot

How’s the speed out of it? I’m thinking of picking one up and putting it in a chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk