2400 ABS Calibration Question

Broz

WKR
So this is what I have done ad im not sure its correct but seems to work so far.

I usually shoot at around 500 and true the ballistics using the velocity.
Then a stretch out to as far as you can make consistent hits. For me 750 the I tweak the BC a little. And the velocity some more.

I haven't been able to get a hit at 1200 yet.
And I haven't found a way to get the perfect ballistic arc to match my round perfectly.

I figured true it up as far as possible because the margin for error is larger the closer in.

For instance I'm about 3" high at 500 w my ballistics tried up at 750.

@Broz @Ryan Avery

You both have alot of experience with the kilo.
Never read the entire thread but will add what I always check first if drops are off.
1: Confirm 100 Yard zero
2: Make sure scope tracks true to .25 moa
3: Make sure all data entry points in the "MV-Temp" area are zero's
4: Confirm Velocity with quality Chrono
5: Use Applied Ballistics proven G7 BC
6: If shooting high, Be sure to use a quality rear bag and that the stock is not dropping under recoil

Jbird1

FNG
Never read the entire thread but will add what I always check first if drops are off.
1: Confirm 100 Yard zero
2: Make sure scope tracks true to .25 moa
3: Make sure all data entry points in the "MV-Temp" area are zero's
4: Confirm Velocity with quality Chrono
5: Use Applied Ballistics proven G7 BC
6: If shooting high, Be sure to use a quality rear bag and that the stock is not dropping under recoil
Can you elaborate on #3? Why wouldn’t you want to “true” the measured MV for different known temperatures?

Broz

WKR
Can you elaborate on #3? Why wouldn’t you want to “true” the measured MV for different known temperatures?
Because it would be better, if diagnosing an error, IMO to remove this from the equation. Also the time to acclimate to the true ambient temp for the kilo 2400 is long. Having it adjust velocity often ends up with it using a wrong velocity in the solution. Not to mention the actual ammo temp and kilo temp are rarely the same. I prefer to not use that option. YMMV