Shooter App Velocity Calibration Issues

Marshfly

WKR
This year is my first year with a couple of new rifles dialing using the Shooter App rather than the published cartridge ballistics.
I was having this issue on the range at 300 yards but thought maybe it was a one off thing.

I use the bullet library to download the bullet info. Then shoot at distance and use the velocity calibration to adjust the Muzzle Velocity. Today we were shooting at 450 yards verified by rangefinder. If I entered the calibration at 2.0 mils at that distance and then hit Calculate and Use MV, when I went back to the table, it would tell me to hold/dial 1.9 mils. I verified that the Calculated muzzle velocity was copied to the bullet data correctly with all rifles.

This one tenth mill low result was consistent across three different rifles in my app at two yardages and also with another Shooter app on a different phone. I realize that 1/10th mil isn't much but if I tell it 2.0 at 450 it should then use 2.0 at 450, not 1.9 at 450.

Anyone else see this issue or have a solution?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
This year is my first year with a couple of new rifles dialing using the Shooter App rather than the published cartridge ballistics.
I was having this issue on the range at 300 yards but thought maybe it was a one off thing.

I use the bullet library to download the bullet info. Then shoot at distance and use the velocity calibration to adjust the Muzzle Velocity. Today we were shooting at 450 yards verified by rangefinder. If I entered the calibration at 2.0 mils at that distance and then hit Calculate and Use MV, when I went back to the table, it would tell me to hold/dial 1.9 mils. I verified that the Calculated muzzle velocity was copied to the bullet data correctly with all rifles.

This one tenth mill low result was consistent across three different rifles in my app at two yardages and also with another Shooter app on a different phone. I realize that 1/10th mil isn't much but if I tell it 2.0 at 450 it should then use 2.0 at 450, not 1.9 at 450.

Anyone else see this issue or have a solution?

Yes. It’s a rounding issue or a bug. When it happens, looks at the MV it gives, then edit the bullet profile and change MV until it lines up correctly. Doesn’t usually happen, when it does that how you get around it.

OP
Marshfly

Marshfly

WKR
Yes. It’s a rounding issue or a bug. When it happens, looks at the MV it gives, then edit the bullet profile and change MV until it lines up correctly. Doesn’t usually happen, when it does that how you get around it.

Thanks. I’ve done that before but didn’t know if there was something else wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk