25 Cal Hype

Wrench

WKR
having smashed a 100tsx completely through a Roosevelt elk at 400 measured yards from a 257 roy....I have no question about its effectiveness. I used the roy exclusively for a few years and were it not for turning animals into jello salad, I'd still use it. Its a death hammer.

Vaultman

WKR
having smashed a 100tsx completely through a Roosevelt elk at 400 measured yards from a 257 roy....I have no question about its effectiveness. I used the roy exclusively for a few years and were it not for turning animals into jello salad, I'd still use it. Its a death hammer.
The 257 wby is the cartridge that is noted to being Roy Weatherby's favorite. It has been a long time, but I remember reading that at one point he set out to use it on everything else he would ever hunt.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What’s your opinion on the 6 mm CM? Is that not the 243 reinvented? Is that not possible with a quarter bore with a faster twist?

Well it is the 243 reinvented if everything wrong with the 243 was corrected- longer neck, shorter case, throated correctly, mandeated by specs to use a 1-8” twist or better, and world class ammo for $25 a box available at any decent gun store.

OP
silasbowhunter

Looked up the 257 Roy because of this.. and wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's 26" 1:7 bartlein HV. Running 42.3gr rl16 in alpha brass. I just got some peterson brass and am trying to get that dialed in as I'm not the biggest fan of alpha.

What is your take on Alpha? I've read a few things about it being consistent but webs expanding too much and sticky extraction..

khuber84

WKR
What is your take on Alpha? I've read a few things about it being consistent but webs expanding too much and sticky extraction..
Soft case heads, pockets stay tight for a while tho since they're tight as heck to start. It's very consistent in all aspects. Necks on the 6gt at a few thou larger than Hornady, which basically requires it to be turned for proper clearance. I'd take peterson or lapua over it if possible. I wish ADG made small primer creed brass, it's tough stuff.