3 blade cut vs 2 blade w/ bleeders blood and damage

TheViking

WKR
Everything equal, basically a QAD Exodus vs Iron Will (normal size).

Blood and damage comparison only. Not construction, materials, etc.

Is it better to have a 3 blade hole, like a triangle shape? Or a wider slit with bleeder blades?

I know blood trails depends on a million factors.

These two heads have almost identical cutting surface (total), just different style.

Thoughts? Experience?

Zac

WKR
Probably can't go wrong with either head. Both are extremely durable. I think flight probably goes to IW. Bill is a mad scientist and really likes to play around with drag profiles. IW will also be sharper out of the pack. You could strop the blades on the Exodus and probably get close but you will never have the edge retention of the IW. Cutting surface is cutting surface. Sharpness retention is probably where you'll see a slight edge with the IW. Cleaner cuts from end to end. That being said, the Exodus is probably the best production head on the market.

Scottyboy

WKR
I was quite pleased with the standard IW, blood trail on this doe was very easy to follow in the corn, which only lasted 25-30yds. Will be shooting the wides this year.

Attachments

• 35414F25-7194-48DE-A379-535D394F11B6.jpeg
    35414F25-7194-48DE-A379-535D394F11B6.jpeg
    467.6 KB · Views: 23

TX_Diver

WKR
I don't have a stack of crittters under my belt so take this as an opinion and make your own decision, but the IWs are sharpened on the back side of the blade which in theory could provide some additional cutting should you not get a pass through?

I don't have a stack of crittters under my belt so take this as an opinion and make your own decision, but the IWs are sharpened on the back side of the blade which in theory could provide some additional cutting should you not get a pass through?
This is a good point,, especially on larger animals.