300 PRC muzzle break vs supressor

CMKRobot

FNG
I have 300 PRC Christensen Arms Ridgeline with side baffle brake. I get approximately 0.5” group at 100 yards with custom loads. I have been curious about switching it out for a supressor.
Does anyone have any experience switching and what is the effect on accuracy and recoil?
What would be a good supressor?
Is it worth it?
Thank you

With a suppressor the accuracy will be the same. Recoil will be more than the brake. But much more pleasant to shoot sound wise

Accuracy potential is the same or even better. Whether your load still works as-is is another question. It is absolutely worth it, though, especially on the big guns. Recoil reduction will feel different than your brake, but it’ll be fine.

Schism

WKR
With a suppressor the accuracy will be the same. Recoil will be more than the brake. But much more pleasant to shoot sound wise
This^^^

I have a 300 prc. The recoil is mild with a quality brake but the sound and concussion isn't enjoyable. I primarily use a TBAC Ultra 7 when shooting that rifle these days. While the recoil reduction isn't quite at the same level as the brake, it's still more enjoyable to shoot supressed than braked. I've noticed no difference in accuracy between the two shooting options.

The recoil impulse of a suppressed rifle is quite different than a braked rifle. It will be more akin to a “shove” thank a “kick”.

The best comparison I can draw is the recoil of a shotgun. A suppressed rifle will feel more like a shotgun, imo.

Sadler

WKR
I had a 300 PRC Ridgeline with a TBAC ultra 7 on it a couple years ago. I had more recoil with the can on but it wasn’t bad and didn’t affect accuracy.

My rifle had a 26” barrel so that with a 7” can on the end of it was a huge pain hunting in thicker country. That was the only draw back for me. I now have 16” and 18” rifles with 7” and 9” cans.

OP
C

CMKRobot

FNG
Thank you for the replies. It seems that it is positive experience overall just going to make the rifle that much longer. I usually hunt in the west and don’t come into thick country that much.
I see couple TBAC ultra 7, is that the only choice out there or what makes this one special?

Sled

WKR
Thank you for the replies. It seems that it is positive experience overall just going to make the rifle that much longer. I usually hunt in the west and don’t come into thick country that much.
I see couple TBAC ultra 7, is that the only choice out there or what makes this one special?

It's a nice suppressor and some would say the gold standard but there are other options out there... Some are even less expensive.

Most of my rifle barrels are cut to 16-20" and threaded.

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 300 PRC Christensen arms traverse and swapped the stock to a manners LRH with the same brake. It was not that enjoyable to shoot until I put a suppressor on. It has not changed the accuarcy at all and might have made me shoot better because of the reduced sound. I have used both a SilencerCo Harvestor and TBAC ultra 7 with great results.