4-6 Man Tent Recommendations

bdud14

FNG
Hi All,

Looking to purchase a tent for some hunts this year as well as into the future. Tent will be used with a max of 4 guys with gear but prefer some extra room. Will be used mostly on elk or perhaps some moose hunts where we would be able to part next to the site. Ease of set up is important and i definitely want a system that doesn't require additional tasks (cutting down trees for poles or anything else). Was considering some of the higher end cabelas tents but wasn't sure if quality had dropped on those since the bass pro purchase. Probably trying to keep this purchase under 600 but may be willing to go higher for something exceptional. Any recommendations/suggestions welcome or if you have something your selling feel free to PM. Thanks!

sneaky

"DADDY"
For truck camping, a Kodiak canvas 10x14 should do the trick, won't fit 6 with cots though. You could always look for an older model of the Cabelas tents, they come up for sale on here from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
For a base camp hunting tent I encourage you to check out the Tentipi lineup. Like Hilleberg, Tentipi is a very high quality Swedish brand and is available in sizes up to 20 ft. in diameter/12 ft. tall at the peak.

Here's a link to an article from our blog which makes a pretty good comparison between large canvas tipi's and traditional wall tents - https://www.mansfieldoutdoors.com/hunting-tents/

Two Kodiak canvas tents and the connecting vestibule. A good wall tent would be nice too.

Mutto

FNG
I have a Helsport Veranger 12-14 man tipi/Lavvu. Easily could do 4 cots, probably 6. Uses a liner which is awesome in winter. Has a floor with removable velcro area for stove and entrance. Obviously dont need the liner in the summer. Way lighter than a traditional canvas wall tent. If you click the site click the flag and select english. I used in on our property during two very heavy wet snow storms and also during a 65mph + blizzard. Highly impressed. Had to shovel off snow during the big storms at the base. Ill try to find pics from last winter.

Outer, inner, floor, pole, and pegs 30lbs
Outer 12.8 lbs
Pegs 2lbs
Pole 3.3 lbs
Inner tent 7.9 lbs
Floor 4.5 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mutto

FNG
I have a Helsport Veranger 12-14 man tipi/Lavvu. Easily could do 4 cots, probably 6. Uses a liner which is awesome in winter. Has a floor with removable velcro area for stove and entrance. Obviously dont need the liner in the summer. Way lighter than a traditional canvas wall tent. If you click the site click the flag and select english. I used in on our property during two very heavy wet snow storms and also during a 65mph + blizzard. Highly impressed. Had to shovel off snow during the big storms at the base. Ill try to find pics from last winter. I had it guyed out as much as possible. Summer time I think I would just use a couple incase wind picked up.

If your group wants to be able to have their sleep bags set up and be able to also sit around inside tipi or tent in chairs (rain or storm), I highly suggest trying out a friends so you get an idea of sitting space and standing room head clearance.

Outer, inner, floor, pole, and pegs 30lbs
Outer 12.8 lbs
Pegs 2lbs
Pole 3.3 lbs
Inner tent 7.9 lbs
Floor 4.5 lbs

bac0d8788094c340bc8ea04dad41bec5.jpg
18dfc3e853a9f46b87a186df1231fc95.jpg
d4909ac95e36a2ad22a00d006c003f36.jpg

Last edited: