700 mountain rifle 260 rem

16Racing

FNG
Looking at buying a brand new in box remington 700 mountain rifle dm. It's chambered in 260 remington curious on what people would value you this at.

TaperPin

WKR
Remingtons have really taken a hit in price - locally, two used Remingtons have come up at Scheels the past few months, that for all purposes are like new. A long range stainless with Carbon fiber stock is there now at $600 and although it’s sat for two weeks it will probably sell fairly quickly. The other was a fluted stainless with muzzle brake and Carbon fiber stock for $700 - sat for over a month before selling.

These are both decent prices, but they aren’t running out the door.

Gunbroker will be your best resource for this. I recently sold a Mountain LSS (stainless/laminated stock) in 260 Remington to a very good friend of mine. He wanted a legacy rifle to give to his son down the road. I sold it to him for $1,750 and the completed auctions on Gunbroker were going at $2k and up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TaperPin

WKR
Gunbroker will be your best resource for this. I recently sold a Mountain LSS (stainless/laminated stock) in 260 Remington to a very good friend of mine. He wanted a legacy rifle to give to his son down the road. I sold it to him for $1,750 and the completed auctions on Gunbroker were going at $2k and up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
My comments must be way off base - I didn’t realize the price of these as collectibles. Yes, you are right gunbroker is a much better place for completed sales for rifles like this.