750W Fat Tire E Bike- $275

gostovp

WKR
Everyone that ordered one, keep the thread updated with what your refund options are… usually if a shipment from Amazon is past due it will say something like “come back on such and such date and request a refund”…I’m wondering if that will be an option here… some people on SD that ordered first are saying they are getting this option

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
My AMZN tracking says shipped and delivery scheduled for tomorrow, but UPS tracking still says label created.

A disconnect between the two is no big surprise, but I'm kewl with whatever happens.

Eddie

This is the one you want. Keep an eye on it for the price reductions. I know a guy that has one and it will climb a freaking wall....

Hnthrdr

WKR

This is the one you want. Keep an eye on it for the price reductions. I know a guy that has one and it will climb a freaking wall....
At least that company got a name that makes a little bit of sense in the English language, 2000w does sound pretty sweet. 1500 isn’t unreasonable either… pretty steep but not like some of those 8k e-bikes

I am surprised no one went on yet and left a bad review at least commenting on slow delivery so others don’t buy.
If you do that and this is some sort of scam it'll just hurt the legitimate seller. If you click the link now it comes up to the real seller's ad. The one we all bought at $279 was sold by Amazon.com Services LLC (which is a seller I've bought from before according to my purchase history).

At least that company got a name that makes a little bit of sense in the English language, 2000w does sound pretty sweet. 1500 isn’t unreasonable either… pretty steep but not like some of those 8k e-bikes
I don't have an ebike and haven't looked into the regs, but for some reason I thought 750w was the max allowed in many NF's or parks? Am I making that up or is that a thing?

Hnthrdr

WKR
I don't have an ebike and haven't looked into the regs, but for some reason I thought 750w was the max allowed in many NF's or parks? Am I making that up or is that a thing?
As a fellow foot soldier I have no clue, always thought they would be a cool tool to add to the arsenal for a couple spots I hunt but have never deep dove on what the regulations are

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Some areas consider 750w the cutoff to still be considered a "bike". There are a numerous of national forests in CO that have banned ebikes of any wattage unless its a motorized trail so wattage doesn't really matter in those places.

I have a 1000w mid drive but it can we programmed to limit to a certain wattage or speed if that was a threshold that affected me. The places I've looked so far it doesn't matter, its either motorized trail or not so who cares if its 1000w currently.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
After looking at that boom bike got me thinking, say I had 2 quiet kat 750s, could I pop off the back tire with the motor and put it on the front of the other bike and make it all wheel drive somehow?

Thanks for clarifying yall, makes sense. This forum doesn't have the "like" button option.

After looking at that boom bike got me thinking, say I had 2 quiet kat 750s, could I pop off the back tire with the motor and put it on the front of the other bike and make it all wheel drive somehow?
I'm loving the tinkering spirit! I'd be tempted to buy ebikes just to try this if it were possible.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for clarifying yall, makes sense. This forum doesn't have the "like" button option.

I'm loving the tinkering spirit! I'd be tempted to buy ebikes just to try this if it were possible.
You don't have to buy e-bikes, you can build them if you want to tinker.

The bike I was talking about above started as a regular bike, I put a 1000w bafang bbshd mid drive on it. But its not clearance pricing like these deals. The motor kits are like $500-600, batteries are $200-600 (you pay more for better cells and higher capacities). So these few hundred dollar bikes are pretty suspect (below costs of the parts).

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Had I not jumped on the QK deal and ended up with an Ibex, I'd be seriously considering preordering this from lectric who seems to be a well known company.
Gotta say if this price for this quality fat turns into the norm, the existing hunting fat bike brands better watch out.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Had I not jumped on the QK deal and ended up with an Ibex, I'd be seriously considering preordering this from lectric who seems to be a well known company.
Gotta say if this price for this quality fat turns into the norm, the existing hunting fat bike brands better watch out.
Yeah not unreasonable for what it looks like, been wondering when the e bikes were going to come back down to earth this and the boom bike look like good options

I ordered some Dryshod rubber snake boots yesterday from Amazon. Tracking at Amazon says shipped and carrier picked up just like these bikes, UPS says label created, just like these bikes.
Edit: Seller is Optics Planet so I'll get them some time after summer lmao.

hunt1up

WKR
I'm multiple days into "your delivery date will be updated as soon as possible" so I'm guessing this is going to be BS. It was supposedly picked up by UPS but we're at multiple days with no tracking update? It was likely too good to be true. Guess I'll wait until next week once the delivery date passes to start complaining.

gostovp

WKR
Yeah something funny went on with this deal. Lots of theories on SlickDeals. Some people think it was a dropship arrangement gone bad or others think it was a supplier that figured out a way to defraud Amazon into thinking they had the stock but they really didn’t. Either way I’m 99% confident we aren’t getting a bike. I’m just hoping the refund process goes smoothly, especially if Amazon still thinks the bike is somehow enroute but it’s really not.

My delivery date per Amazon is supposed to be next Tuesday. That will come and go, and hopefully the normal “request refund” process will work