7mm rem mag powder

Brijake

FNG
I’m with others, Retumbo is the magic in mine. 72 grains just a hair over 3k and bugholes. It’s out there, get on some “notify” lists on the websites. Check local craigslists etc.

Hello everyone, im just getting started in reloading and i have bought some nosler accubonds 160grs and would like to buy some 162 eldx as well but i dont know what powder i should start out with. Now i have a nosler reloading manual but there is alot of options to chose from and i dont want to buy 3 different powders to start with. Imr 4831 or h1000 are the ones that have peaked my interest the most and Ill be shooting these out of my tikka with a 9.5 twist rate, thanks.
D - I started down this road when COVID set in in 2020. I too have a T3x in 7mm. ANSWER#1 - No matter the powder and no matter the bullet, I can find an acceptable load (.75 day after day after day; and cold bore shot less than 1" off POA @200) at an acceptable speed (3000 ft/sec with a 160g AB). Tikkas make it easy. If you want bug holes, that's another road all together. ANSWER#2 - If pushed, any of the Alliant offerings would be my choice. RL22, 23, and 26 all work well. -B

D - I started down this road when COVID set in in 2020. I too have a T3x in 7mm. ANSWER#1 - No matter the powder and no matter the bullet, I can find an acceptable load (.75 day after day after day; and cold bore shot less than 1" off POA @200) at an acceptable speed (3000 ft/sec with a 160g AB). Tikkas make it easy. If you want bug holes, that's another road all together. ANSWER#2 - If pushed, any of the Alliant offerings would be my choice. RL22, 23, and 26 all work well. -B
Agreed, tikkas are shooters. Favorites are RL23 and Retumbo with my superlite 7mm.