7saum shooters

Hair under 24" Hell's Canyon Armory carbon barrel long throated on a Tikka action shooting 180 VLD'S and RL26 at 2894 ave. Shot this bull at 556 yards. ( I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BULLET FOR MOOSE)

Attachments

• IMG_8962.JPG
    IMG_8962.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 48

fatbacks

WKR
Just put my 7 SAUM together and did hasty load development. With adg brass I am pushing the 175 gr ELDX 2725 FPS. Pushing it with H4350.

Proving to be very accurate and it will stay above minimum expansion velocity far beyond what I am willing to shoot an animal at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been thinking of building a 7 saum for sometime. Interesting to me that this round never really took off when available in factory rifles.

OP
B

brushape

WKR
Hair under 24" Hell's Canyon Armory carbon barrel long throated on a Tikka action shooting 180 VLD'S and RL26 at 2894 ave. Shot this bull at 556 yards. ( I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BULLET FOR MOOSE)

Why don’t you recommend?

Why don’t you recommend?

They didn't perform worth shit. Not enough penetration before exploding. Shot my moose 7 times at 556 yards (4 or 5 insurance shots) and only one or 2 made it inside the chest cavity. Found shrapnel about 3 inches under the hide.
I did find one in the shoulder (assuming the one that actually killed it) while processing the meat that actually held together. Weighed 120g but I have found 3 jackets and all of them are just tiny pieces.

Jnmullins

FNG
I am shooting a Model 7 SS in this cartridge and really like it, except for the OAL limitation of the Model 7 magazine. I settled on 140gr Partitions/Accubonds at just over 3010fps, so basically a short action 280AI. I know I could push it faster, but this shoots very well with 59.0gr IMR4350, so I stopped my load development there. With a longer mag, longer throat, and slower powders, the 7 SAUM should really shine with heavier bullets.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I am shooting a Model 7 SS in this cartridge and really like it, except for the OAL limitation of the Model 7 magazine. I settled on 140gr Partitions/Accubonds at just over 3010fps, so basically a short action 280AI. I know I could push it faster, but this shoots very well with 59.0gr IMR4350, so I stopped my load development there. With a longer mag, longer throat, and slower powders, the 7 SAUM should really shine with heavier bullets.

The 160 grain Partitions and Accubonds fit nicely in the Model Seven.

They didn't perform worth shit. Not enough penetration before exploding. Shot my moose 7 times at 556 yards (4 or 5 insurance shots) and only one or 2 made it inside the chest cavity. Found shrapnel about 3 inches under the hide.
I did find one in the shoulder (assuming the one that actually killed it) while processing the meat that actually held together. Weighed 120g but I have found 3 jackets and all of them are just tiny pieces.
Sounds just like every Berger I've tried.
I quit hunting with them after three 215's blew to bits on my bull