A decade in the mountains; one man’s sheep journey.

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
Time to get the pack loaded up one more time. Time and gravity wait for no one, and pain is only temporary. :)

Snyd

WKR
Heading Northeast this time. All gear and gun is ready, just have to work on the "me" part. :)

Well, the wifey and I are hiking the training hike a couple times a week. Usually start at 5pm. I'll be there tomorrow rain or shine! I'm up to 65lbs now. Grab the wifey, throw some weight in your packs and come on up!

I still haven't decided on a firearm this year. Kimber 325 or Ruger 45 Colt. Both are "ready" though.

Well, the wifey and I are hiking the training hike a couple times a week. Usually start at 5pm. I'll be there tomorrow rain or shine! I'm up to 65lbs now. Grab the wifey, throw some weight in your packs and come on up!

I still haven't decided on a firearm this year. Kimber 325 or Ruger 45 Colt. Both are "ready" though.

Perry,

If I get a vote, I say take the Ruger!!!!!!!!

Bob

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
Steve,
Such a great read. So helpful! Thanks,
Don
PS 30 days til I'm in your neck of the woods. It may be my last time, so I'm going for epic.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
yuz the man bro. bad ass adventures. bad freakin arse. helz yeah! great pics. and i know some those were taken with old school camera and film. evolution is grand.

lb

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
I vote for the Ruger, also. My first critter in AK was on POW, a black bear, taken with a Ruger in .45 Colt.
Good luck with the training,
Don

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
Steve,
Such a great read. So helpful! Thanks,
Don
PS 30 days til I'm in your neck of the woods. It may be my last time, so I'm going for epic.

Mr Don,,,

Best of luck to you Sir, just remember that if you are not pushing to the point you want to quit, you aren't hunting hard enough. :)

This will be my last sheep hunt before total knee replacement, so I too plan on going "all in"

Heavy packs and full curls for all my sheep Brothers and Sisters.

Jdog

WKR
Mr Don,,,

Best of luck to you Sir, just remember that if you are not pushing to the point you want to quit, you aren't hunting hard enough. :)

Heavy packs and full curls for all my sheep Brothers and Sisters.[/QUOTe/]

Yep--a good buddy once said, "if you don't contemplate quitting 4-5 times on a sheep hunt, you are not hunting hard enough!" :)

Snyd

WKR
Mr Don,,,

This will be my last sheep hunt before total knee replacement, so I too plan on going "all in"

Heavy packs and full curls for all my sheep Brothers and Sisters.

Finally getting that thing fixed!? Good for you! I remember when it gave out on you on that training hike going down hill that day. Scared me half to death. You just shrugged it off, jumped up and took off again.

OP
Stid2677

Stid2677

WKR
Well might or might not be my last but WOW what a hunt. Harvested my toughest Ram yet and found my best ever winter kill.

P8110195_zps401a1d33.jpg

CGSwimmer25

Lil-Rokslider
You've been throwing out these teasers all over the place, looking forward to the story man!! Congrats Steve