A quick heads up abut onX Backcountry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer. I guess you will have to do some research before striking out on the Appalachian Trail.

Good luck with your whining.

For what it's worth, I have had some weird shit with my OnX but it mostly works great.

Here's a couple screenshots for reference...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-213538.png
    Screenshot_20220904-213538.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20220904-213634.png
    Screenshot_20220904-213634.png
    1 MB · Views: 25

BBob

WKR
It’s obvious no one gives a frick about onX Backcountry because none of us use it. You’re only here to grind the axe on that product. You’ve stated your issues twice in two threads and no one cares but still you grind away. Do you even hunt or are you just here to use this platform to bitch about something no one wants or cares to hear about? Do you think you’ll make us care if you bitch loud enough and long enough? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP

FNG
Not even close buddy, chill out a little bit and solve the problem. 99.9% of folks use ONx without any issue at all, if the app was UNUSABLE then no one would be able to use it and the company would have gone tits up years ago.
Why don't you just give it up already. Every single flaw I posted is a straight up verifiable fact which can easily be verified by comparing what I said to what's in the app.

As I said there is no legend or glossary and both are cartography basics required to exist in order to make any map usable neither exists in any ONX software. BTW the word USABLE has nothing to do with the way you're using it.

Anyone trying to argue against anything I said or me is clueless and wrong what i said can be verified, what you said is opinion.

OP

FNG
It’s obvious no one gives a frick about onX Backcountry because none of us use it.
That's a far stretch to say NO ONE here uses it. You don't speak for everyone and who the hell made you arbitor of everyone. Got news for you pal there are plenty of topics on this site that say otherwise. Also saying no one uses it, just validates my point about it not being usable

You're clearly just another company shill trying to defend a shitty practice and incomplete app they have no business charging use for.

Also that's right, i did state my problem with this in 2 places on the forum, this topic and an appropriate reply to someone else.

The fact that you not only went digging through the forum looking my my posts so you can do exactly what you just did here, but you literally went out of your way to drag an unrelated topic into this one proves you're just here to start shit

BTW I don't have to HUNT to be here because software that hunters/hikers/campers use are a legitmate point of conversation.

So you can get lost with your policing attitude no one is forcing you to reply so if it bothers you that much, leave.

11boo

WKR
Bummer. I guess you will have to do some research before striking out on the Appalachian Trail.

Good luck with your whining.

For what it's worth, I have had some weird shit with my OnX but it mostly works great.

Here's a couple screenshots for reference...
You might have to cut out the Nat forest layer. That is the only bug I’ve seen.
mine was doing the same till I shut that off. Odd, cause it still shows nat forest.

OP

FNG
Hang on man, have you paid for it yet?
Doesn't matter if anyone paid, the 7 day free trial is 7 days free use of premium and as such, all premium membership benefits are granted during that time frame So its the exact same as having a paid it just has a cut off limit.

Let me simplify this for you, premium membership benefits are supposed to be given for 7 days, this is so people can see what they're paying for to determine if they want to keep using it. But the fact remains paying the $30 for premium is doing nothing more that unlocking a year of the exact same functionality and useless you are running into during the 7 day trial

What gets me is how people seem to keep ignoring that a company is charging for a service they aren't even providing and false advertising.

Why would hunters not just use the OnX Hunt version?

No one uses here knows what you are talking about.

Also, you might try learning how to use your phone. I'm certain it will clear up some of your issues.

In other news, searching Appalachian Trail seems to bring up the Appalachian Trail. Weird.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827-101633.png
    Screenshot_20230827-101633.png
    774.3 KB · Views: 12
You might have to cut out the Nat forest layer. That is the only bug I’ve seen.
mine was doing the same till I shut that off. Odd, cause it still shows nat forest.
It only had that weird quirk for a short while. I think I just re-installed and it cleared up

OP

FNG
I'll end this now,

Regardless of what version OnX you're using, HUNT back Country..etc

Onx's claim is they have property lines. The problem is without a legend/key on the map denoting that to prove it's a property line, then no they don't have/show property lines on their maps.

There is no legend anywhere that denotes there are even property lines on the maps. Onx's word saying they did doesn't apply nor is it valid, same with anyone who says there is you need to PROVE IT via a legend.

People who claim they've been using their maps without a legend are stupid. Without a map legend/key saying there are property lines doesn't make it a fact that is just people making claims without verification

Nowhere has ONX verified they put property lines anywhere. Them saying they did has no relevance THEY MUST 100% provide these lines in a legend

If the company puts a red line on a map they MUST explain in a map legend WHAT THAT RED LINE IS. Same with any other visual and they didn't

OnX maps HAVE NO LEGEND and When a map has no legend IT IS UNUSABLE

No one should have to go look up wtf a red line or any other visual on their map means or is. They are required to provide that info and they didn't.

people need to stop ignoring those facts and quit arguing about things they haven't proven nor can they prove it.

You want to say there are property lines then prove it. The only thing people reply with is there are properly lines I know this because I've been using it for a while which isn't proof.

Show a legend with whatever representation ONX used on the map in the legend to back up your statement, otherwise you're statement isn't factual nor valid because your say so doesn't prove anything

Try clicking on the layers and turning the private/public property on/off.

You could probably learn something from people who know how to use the app if you ask questions.

They are not required to provide anything and the maps are plenty usable if you have any competency.

If you do call their customer service, try being less of a douche bag. It might work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.