A Snap Shot to Bowhunting Hawaii

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
gobbler1662,
That sounds like a plan. Always love to chat hunting!

February opens our goat season and it's open daily. Maybe just a day of hunting??? ;)

Keep me posted!

Aloha!
Ryan

JeremiahH

WKR
Some great info! awesome!

I've read some current things about Lanai. (speaking archery only)
The 2015 hunt says you have to check in and check out daily. So no overnight tent style? only eight days for a general hunt if I'm reading correctly ?

Any deer regulations for Molokai stated anywhere? and any packing in on the public areas? On the public area maps it seems like a guy has some room to work with.

Thanks for the great insight on this !

(the logistics headaches begin)

OP
Ryan K Sanpei
Some great info! awesome!

I've read some current things about Lanai. (speaking archery only)
The 2015 hunt says you have to check in and check out daily. So no overnight tent style? only eight days for a general hunt if I'm reading correctly ?

Any deer regulations for Molokai stated anywhere? and any packing in on the public areas? On the public area maps it seems like a guy has some room to work with.

Thanks for the great insight on this !

(the logistics headaches begin)

On Lanai, no overnight camping in hunting area. If you don't check out, the game warden will come looking for you.:) Signing in and out daily at the check in station is mandatory. For 2015, deer tags were submitted already. The only thing you could apply for on Lanai in 2015 would be Mouflon, but the tags don't come out yet, the hunt is in July.

There is not much in terms of public land deer hunting on Molokai, primarily private land.